Honored Contributor

Re: My neck is starting to go.....mid 50's....how is your neck at this age?

My neck was fine in my 50's, but now in my 60's, I have gotten the dreaded "turkey neck" and I hate it!!!{#emotions_dlg.angry}

Super Contributor

We all have parts of our body that we like and that we don't like. There are things about my body that I don't like, but I am very lucky when it comes to my neck.

Really I think most of how your neck looks at this age depends on GENETICS. A small part of it, is due to taking care of your neck and applying sunscreen, moisturizer etc. But I really think most of what your neck looks like is due to genetics and things like skin elasticity that we have no control over. Some people just have tighter skin than others.

If you look at your mother's neck and grandmother's necks, you will see what your neck will look like, at their age.

And as someone else said, there isn't much you can do about skin on your neck and hands. Other than wear a good sunscreen and use a good moisturizer.

Contributor

There are so many amazing products out there to help moisturize and restore -pick your favorite brand and get to work!

Super Contributor

Learn to love turtleneck shirts.

Respected Contributor

On 3/27/2015 Hooty said:

My neck was fine in my 50's, but now in my 60's, I have gotten the dreaded "turkey neck" and I hate it!!!{#emotions_dlg.angry}

Same here. I had no wrinkles, none, on my face and my neck was smooth and tight.

I turned 60 and it was like some vindictive fairy crept into my room as I slept and whacked me with a wrinkle wand! I still look good for my age (at least I think so), but I do now have a dreaded forehead wrinkle, a "1" between my brows and some lines near my mouth that make me insane! My neck, well, yeah, it dropped too, but I attribute a lot of that to major weight loss and at my age, the skin just isn't as elastic as it used to be.

Respected Contributor

Dr. Denese is introducing a new neck product tonite, and if you go to her Facebook page she demonstrates a neck exercise for you.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Honored Contributor

I'm 60 and my neck is still looking pretty good...no sags or lines. However my jawline is gone!...where the heck did it go? It's gotten saggy and I can see the beginnings of those dreaded jowls.

Yes we all have our good and not so good areas. For me it's the extremities that look good. My hands are unlined and I have very little gray. When I don't get a touch up my hair just grows in dark. I use color just to add a touch of red to my natural brunette hair. Plus I have great looking feet so in warm weather I always get a pedicure.

However everything in between needs a LOT of work!

Honored Contributor

Can't fight gravity, but if you can get the skin on your neck to hold moisture the neck won't look so bad. I'm 64 and have tried everything over the past couple of years to plump up my neck. What finally worked for me is any serum with a few drops of any popular oil twice a day. Don't forget to exfoliate your neck, especially under the chin, it makes a difference.

Honored Contributor

Contributor

As for me it seems to go with the territory, so all I can say is gobble, gobble, gobble. I make myself feel better by saying, its better than dying young.