Respected Contributor

My neck is collapsing as we speak...

Age and weight loss are taking a toll on my neck.  It is not bouncing back and I am so self-conscious.  Underneath my chin is sagging and my neck is getting crepey.  I'm sure that sun damage from my earlier years of being a sun worshiper hasn't helped.  Has anyone successful improved the appearance of the chin and neck area?  Treatments? Lasers? Anything?

Honored Contributor

Re: My neck is collapsing as we speak...

@Trudey,   I know Peter Thomas Roth has treatments for the neck.  There may be more than one.  Check it out as it doesn't hurt.  I don't think laser will fix a neck.  I connect laser with getting rid of red broken capillaries, other spots on face or wherever.  I may be wrong but I believe you can get temporary relief from skin products and other than that, go under the knife.  Maybe someone else has more info. for you.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I went through some difficult times several years ago and it took a toll on my appearance. I had some sagging, moderate wrinkles and overall lose skin. I went to a derm and had six months of laser skin tightening and it was the best thing I ever did. This kind of thing is not for everyone. People with mild to moderate skin laxity will see the best results. I recommend a visit to your dermatologist to see what can be done. There are other options to choose from.Woman Happy

ETA -  I had my face, eyes and neck done at the same time.

Honored Contributor

Google "yag laser skin tightening". @Trudey

Honored Contributor

I've had unbelievable great results using the Servious Skin Care EGG and SKINN Trim Lastic as well as SKINN Neck Amour.  From the front view there is no skin sagging and only a wee little bit from a side view which is a far cry from what my neck area looked like before.  I have been getting so many compliments on how great I look also.  Consult Beaute Champagne firming body creme has also elminated the crepiness.

Honored Contributor

Excercising the whole neck/dec area has had a great effect for me. Might work for you too. A neck that is modestly thicker with muscle looks less stringy. I use an abs exercise wheel and I do abs crunches without hands behind my head. Both of these require my neck do some of the work. Keeps it toned.

Also look at face exercising devices like the Nuface. Or try a quick face exercise routine. There are some bizarre looking and hillarious videos of "face yoga" on Youtube. But, just like doing donkey kicks or burpees, you only look like a nut for a short time while doing the moves. The rest of the time you look toned and firm.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I don't think theres any type of topical treatment for the turkey wattle.  First, I think it probably isn't as bad as you think it is and the skin in that area does tighten up a bit after significant weight loss.  But not immediate, takes about a year or so.  General, it requires a medical approach.  The results can be amazing.

Regular Contributor

Necks really seem to give alot of problems. It might tighten some but some exercise will help to some degree. One of the youtubers who is 74 has this problem and really has considered surgery.It was a family trait and all the women had this problem...Her Mom chose to wear a small scarf at the throat in a color of her attire. Another chose Diamonique necklace or choker to wear rather than have surgery. Most likely it bothers you more than what people  notice...Check it out through Drs. and see if the cost or pain involved  is worth it......Creams can only do so much.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Contributor

Hi Trudey,  I saw your post and had to double check it , i thought i had wrote it.  lol  I am 51 and have just recently lost 20lbs and i have a turkey waddle right under my chin and when i looks down my whole neck area drops with me.  In pictures it comes out really bad if i am caught looking down.  Let me tell you what has helped me improve it some.  I have been using the Nuface for about a year now, and that has helped lift my face and jawline , you cannot use it on the neck but it helpef my neck a lil with a small lift.  But most recently i purchased the TSV conture out of desperation and was so skeptical about it, but it truly has tighten my neck area, the crepey ness down the middle didtn go away but i keep it hydrated and use the Peter thomas roth face and neck cream or the Philosophy uplifting neck cream and that helps it for the day but i have to keep applying it .  I just recently purchases the Smart Profile and neck massage adapter and I am waiting in the mail to see if that will help tighten my neck area.  I will get back to you on that once i try it.  Thank you for asking this question i thought i was the only one out there with a loose neck and crepeyness.  God Bless you 

Valued Contributor

@Trudey, DITTO!  I am 56 and just lost 29 lbs.  Same issue with the neck. I will try some of these suggestions.

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!