Honored Contributor

Re: My name is Monica and I have a blush addiction

Sorry @Drythe - I read your post again after I posted and realized you are talking about @monicakm's post!  Smiley Embarassed

Honored Contributor

@monicakm @beach-mom - Don't think I was ever a one blush person.  I've got so many now, its embarassing. But I love having choices!  

As far as "taking a step away" from my makeup - yeah, I agree with @monicakm - I have no plans to do so nor do I want to.  I have plenty of perspective as to what's happening in the world around me.  Makeup and reading posts on this board is my fun time.

Esteemed Contributor

Of course women can survive without makeup, but why would they want to do that unless there is no option? One can get a perspective on life while wearing makeup; the two don't have to be separate. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@monicakm wrote:

@JudyL 

I thought everyone here was a makeup fanatic or addict but I get a lot of "I don't wear e/s, blush, mascara, foundation, etc.  So I guess they just enjoy the chit chat Smiley Happy

@monicakm 

No, dear, not everyone here is a makeup fanatic.  Of course, people like to hear about new trends and colors etc, but, c'mon, if you had to, you could live the rest of your life without wearing ANY makeup at all ....  and survive quite nicely.

Most people have more important things to deal with and tend to.   Put the makeup away for a few days and get some perspective.  It may do you some good.

@Tinkrbl44 why would I want to live the rest of my life without wearing any make-up?  

For the record, in case you don't realize where you are, you are on a  SHOPPING channel BB.  What is discussed here isn't anything earth shattering.  I think most people who post here have perspective but we come here for fun chit-chat.  It's insulting for you to think that just because someone has a large make-up collection they aren't dealing with anything important.  Perhaps posting here is an escape for some people.   

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

Of course women can survive without makeup, but why would they want to do that unless there is no option? One can get a perspective on life while wearing makeup; the two don't have to be separate. 

@teganslaw apparently some people aren't multi-taskers.  They can only concentrate on one thing at a time.  Or care about one thing at a time.  You know the type.  If you post that you donated to an animal shelter, you should have donated to a women's shelter or a children's hospital. Like you can't do both.  

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm

I haven't worn blush in years😲 I have forgotten how to apply it and now I'm middle aged and afraid I'll 💯 a mess
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@monicakm wrote:

@JudyL 

I thought everyone here was a makeup fanatic or addict but I get a lot of "I don't wear e/s, blush, mascara, foundation, etc.  So I guess they just enjoy the chit chat Smiley Happy

@monicakm 

No, dear, not everyone here is a makeup fanatic.  Of course, people like to hear about new trends and colors etc, but, c'mon, if you had to, you could live the rest of your life without wearing ANY makeup at all ....  and survive quite nicely.

Most people have more important things to deal with and tend to.   Put the makeup away for a few days and get some perspective.  It may do you some good.

I think her enthusiasm for makeup is fun to read and very much appropriate for a Beauty forum. Here she just had major surgery and has had significant pain and she is discussing "happy" stuff instead of complaining. I enjoy her threads and since I am good at multitasking I don't need to "put the makeup away" in order to gain perspective.😀

Trusted Contributor

@RollTide2008

You’ll ply my makeup out of my cold dead hands. And after you do, please touch up my lipstick.

😂😂😂😂😂😂
Trusted Contributor

@monicakm @I've been blush challenged for a long time, probably since I developed rosacea. So redness on olive skin is tough. But I love lipsticks and eyeshadows. LOVE.

Honored Contributor

@Midmod 

You Tube.  You can find days and days worth of videos on how to apply blush.  There are no rules tho so just do what you think looks best on YOU.  I choose to keep my blush application high on my cheeks.  And if adding bronzer is overwhelming to you, don't do it.  No rule saying you have to use bronzer.  It's just "in" right now.  In fact, I often wear bronzer as my blush (same placement) and add a highlight.  Practice Smiley Happy