Re: My nails are finally in good shape

@fairydogmother 

They look beautiful!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

@fairydogmother 

Your nails are lovely!

I've been looking for sheer pink polish.

Thanks for posting!

Valued Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@fairydogmother - They look perfect! I love the color too! You tried different things until you find the perfect way.

I'm lucky. My nails are plenty strong and they grow easily. BUT  -  they have white spots from using dark colors, even though I use a base coat. I need to figure out how to get rid of those. I'm afraid to use anything across the front of my nail. So I just put more coats on.  Smiley Frustrated

I discovered that I get the white spots, especially on my toenails, if I leave the polish on too long.  It's a pain to change polish more frequently,  but it has helped.

Good luck!

Honored Contributor

Your nails are lovely ! 💅🏻

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Thanks guys. Btw I'm surprised my Florida house panther didn't make it into the photo. He was in the midst of a wild tear, bouncing off furniture and zooming around 

🥰Stanley Cup 

Harmonize the World
Valued Contributor

@juperier3 wrote:

@SnowOwl79  I remember you. Nice to see you around again.

Hi juperier3, I remember you, too. It's nice to be back and reading on the forum. I just got a set of butter LONDON holiday colors from HSN during a recent 25% off sale. $15 for 4 bottles is a steal even if they are last year's colors. They work still this year Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Chopsmom wrote:

@fairydogmother 

Your nails are lovely!

I've been looking for sheer pink polish.

Thanks for posting!

Thank you for the compliment. Sheer pink polish in my manicure kit includes:

Essie Skinny Dip, Essie Ballet Slippers, Sally Hansen Once Chiffon a Time ( the Miracle Gel polish collection. I also use the clear top coat) 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother , thanks for your post...im always looking for help for my nails.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the advice @SnowOwl79@juperier3 . and @Chopsmom!

IDK - I did ask my dermatologist years ago. She said it's nothing to worry about. They're not on every nail. She buffs hers, but she always likes my latest color - LOL!

I've never had tips or anything else. I did get a gel manicure once. It was great not having to worry about them, but I kept thinking there was something on them. and it bothered me.

I use a non-acetone remover, and I always use solar oil. I wash my hands thoroughly after I rub that in. 

I do change the color every one or two weeks. Right now I'm wearing OPI Dressed to the Wines.   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother   Beautiful nails.  I have tried everything I can think of...my nails NEVER look good.