Honored Contributor

Re: My it cosmetics tsv came last night, I have a question.

OP, I hear you. Illumination is the new word for "frosted" aka like a disco ball. This was the same reason the BE did not work for me; you look like Data from Star Trek.

That all said, I used a matte powder to tone it down and it looked really good until later in the evening when I saw my pores looked huge. I need to play around with it some more because it does feel good on my dry skin and would be great for summer as it would replace my moisturizer, SPF and foundation.

The eye shadow was a disappointment as the cream is definitely frosted, not satin. The h8ghlight in the disc was WAY too much frost/shine. Just... wow : ( The blush and contour, however, were very nice.

But yeah, it's a heavy "glow", let me tell you.

Honored Contributor

Oops, double post

Valued Contributor

I mixed mine with regular cc cream and put bye bye pores and finishing powder over it to tone it down
New Contributor

My order is suppose to arrive on Friday. I'm already regretting my purchase. I have read the reviews and there are so many people talking about the glitter and the shimmer in the CC cream. I watched several presentations before I decided to purchase the medium shade. Jamie and the host both said, no glitteror shimmer in the CC cream. I know that I will be returning.

Valued Contributor

I received this TSV and tried it today. I am 75 and don't have overly dry skin but definitely not oily. I really liked the CC illumination. I think the secret is less is more. I used one pump and put it on the top of my hand. Then I put dots of it with my finger on forehead, cheeks, chin, nose. I used IT paddle brush to blend it onto my face. Use the brush that comes with the kit to apply the bronzer, illuminator, blush etc. but barely sweep it onto the various areas and use a very light hand. I had this on for 12 hrs and looked in the mirror and it still looked good. ( if anything too matte and not shiny at all ) I did use IT CC finishing veil powder in Medium as my last step. ( that was one of the items that came in the IT Jan TSV and I got it on ebay because that was the only item I wanted from that kit.Today I had a mani and a pedi. The ladies who see me every month said," Oh, your skin looks so great! " I also have IT regular CC cream in medium and Celebration in medium.

Respected Contributor

this is an update to my IT post review I have very dry mature skin and am a light to medium leaning more toward the light.

I tried today mixing the CC foundation with my moisturizer hoping it would be easier to spread, was a tiny bit but not much.

While the color is good, medium, it just goes on too hard, hard to spread on my dry skin and hate something I have to pull and tug with. I did one side of my face with my finger tips and the other side with my Real Techniques expert face brush which is my favorite foundation brush, didn't help, very hard to spread/apply for me and my dry skin and hate having to tug. It comes out of the tube easy enough, just can't put it on my face very easy without all the tugging and pulling or pushing.

I don't care for the blush at all, looks like it has orange in it on me. I do like the bronzer and illumination color in with the bronzer and blush but wouldn't use the blush at all, not a nice color for me.

While the eye shadows are nice neutral colors, all I would use is the chocolate but isn't a favorite color chocolate or brown, prefer a tad darker since I would only use it wet as a liner. I did use the chocolate wet as a liner and does work but isn't the color I would prefer to use to line, like a deeper brown, real brown brown instead of this lighter color.

So, for the price I am unfortunately sending this back.

For those that like this CC foundation(original version) to start with I am sure you will like this newer version even better, not heavy feeling when on, didn't stay sticky/tacky like the first one, not flat matte but gives just enough of a dewy look to look more natural than the original one did. It isn't shiny dewy, just a nice soft natural look. I just wish it was easier to apply for me. I don't know what makes it like this for me and wonder if anyone else has this problem that has dry skin?

I really wanted to love this.

Honored Contributor

I love illumination!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

Yikes, I may be cancelling mine. I much prefer a matte finish.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Respected Contributor

I am planning on using it along with the original CC cream to tone it down and have it look dewy.

Super Contributor

Here is the hotandflashy video and she is wearing the illuminating CC cream. She describes in the video that she really likes the original CC cream much better, that she thinks the illuminating cream is a bit too shiny for her. I agree I think it's too glowy also. I knew when I saw the video it would be too much glow for me!

For me it would be like having a highlighter all over my face, not something I would like. It's just really reflective and so, not for me. You could definitely probably tone it down with a finishing powder though if you wanted to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxKfwyWFIHg