Frequent Contributor

Re: My it cosmetics tsv came last night, I have a question.

I received my tsv on Wed. and used everything but the cc cream. Love the brushes they are so luxurious, eye shadow is a nice neutral, brush makes it glide on. The bronzer disk has great shades. I tried the cc cream today. I love the new complexion tinted moisturizer by BE and I also wear Laura Mercier TM. So, that being said my 1st time with a cc cream. Love the spf 50. Color I got is medium which blends in nicely with my skin tone. I wear natural in the BE. I did notice some shimmer but not enough to complain about it. It gives a nice glow. I am keeping the tsv but may decide to cancel the auto-delivery. I have a nice supply of eye shadows and bronzers. If they offered new brushes than I might consider keeping on a/d.

Super Contributor

On 4/2/2015 CJC said:

What happened to all the TSV reviews? They have all been poofed. Perhaps it's temporary, and they will magically reappear.

I think it has to do with the website "upgrade".

Respected Contributor

On 4/2/2015 CJC said:

Wow...I just canceled my waitlist order for this TSV. So many poor reviews about the glitter in the CC cream. Something I certainly don't need at age 70. Also mentioned was all the glitter in the highlighter and in the lightest shade in the eyeshadow trio. A shame as I had been looking forward to this set since I am needing both a blush and eyeshadow. Have never used any foundation in my life, but now would like to try a lightweight coverage to even out my skintone. Looking for something without the intense glitter effect---will leave the sparkles to my 13-year old granddaughter. Thinking of trying something in the Bare Minerals foundation line. Any suggestions for me as far as a sheer coverage with SPF? I'm a medium skintone with yellow undertone.

if you have an Ulta near you try the Mally air brushed foundation. It is in a pump can/bottle and comes with a brush. I prefer my Real Techniques expert face brush though to any brush, got it at Ulta. I got this Mally here and I am a light to medium skin tone and got this in medium/light. I just suggested to go and look at Ulta for a color match that is if they have this particular one there but as said, I got it here and is nice for drier mature skin although I think it would work for any skin, normal or dry, not sure about oily?

As for BE I can't wear that in the loose minerals because with my dry skin it shows up lines and wrinkles I didn't even know I had and just made my face look drier.

I like both the Tarte and Two faced as far as a bronzer goes and Tarte, Mally and BE(ready wear) for a blush. You can also get very nice blushes and bronzers though at any drug store.

For eye lining I prefer Mally deep olive and second BE ready, both pencils but Mally lasts a lot longer on me.

For shadows BE ready is nice but there too you can get very nice shadows at any drugstore. Just don't get ones that are shiny or glittery, can see when you look at them if they are matte. I prefer neutral tones on me, brown, grey, plum or olive. I have hazel eyes. Almay, Physicians Formula, Maybelline come in nice soft neutral colors but others do as well, check them out n drug stores.

I also like Ultas chubby pencil(almost crayon like) to use as a shadow liner, either works and can be sharpened. I have grey and green in them and like both.

Esteemed Contributor

I only tried it once so far, yesterday.

I too, noticed that is very difficult to spread. For the first time used my fingers only. Maybe using foundation brush would do a better job of spreading this CC, don't know.

I quit spreading it by itself almost immediately, it was that hard. Pulled out my Isomers BB cream, and spread them together.

The glowing effect was probably diminished some, by combining two products, but still was there. I can't really tell yet, if I liked it or not. Maybe, on some parts of the face more than on others. But I also brushed up just tiny bit of powder on top, and it was better.

I might try mixing it up with my IT Celebration foundation next time, and see what happens. Actually, whatever coverage I created yesterday combining couple of things looked pretty good all day, and face looked nice till the late-late wee hour.

I still think, they've overdone the "illumination" effect on this one.

Frequent Contributor

I would not say it was sparkly. Sparkle is what a diamond does. It just gives a slight glow, making your face look hydrated. I love mine and I am sixty two. It diffuses lines for me. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Frequent Contributor

I really liked it --I have the fair I only used a small amount put it on the back of my hand and used from there. I find that It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye and the CC Cream needs to warm up in order to blend easily.

I really liked the kit but am returning it because my skin did not like it. It is making me break out. I cannot understand why I can use Avon BB cream and it is just fine on my skin but the It Cosmetics makes me break out and causes itching. I must be allergic to one of the ingredients.

I am so sad it didn't work out.

Contributor

Was so excited to get this kit...but, SO DISAPPOINTED in the glitter in the CC creme! I tried 2 times on my hand and once on my face. It is not "glowing" as described, it is pure silver glitter, not even a frost. I have other luminous products and this is definitely not luminous. The brushes and face disk are awesome! Haven't tried the eye shadow yet.

Valued Contributor

I've been using this kit for a few days, usually mixing a tiny dab of the illuminating CC with some of the regular that I already have. This morning I finally tried the illuminating version on its own. I put a half pump on my fingers and rubbed my hands together so that the product was coating all of my fingers but not my palm. Then I patted all around my face to get the product distributed and then gently rubbed it in to even everything out. I have to say I LOVE it. I do look "glowy" but not sparkly. When I look in my 10x mirror it doesn't even look glittery. This method put a VERY light layer on my large face (I'm 6'0" and not petite). I don't have anything to cover, per se, just need evening out of skin tone. This does the trick and my dry-ish skin no longer looks dry. I then used the disk and, even after a night of little sleep due to a stuffy head cold, my daughter told me I look "springy and fresh." I think, if you need to actually cover anything, you might need a concealer first and then a LIGHT application of this. Otherwise, for me, this is definitely a keeper!

Frequent Contributor

Hello IT users: I have not had one problem with this foundation. It is not thick. It glides on smoothly, coverage is medium but you can build the coverage. I don't find any excess glow and it lasted all day. I have not experiences any sparkles at all. The sunscreen is an added bonus. After I apply the contour and blush the rest of my face looks highlighted so I don't use the highlighter in that came with the kit. I would say my face looks more dewy not glowing. The glow tends to die down as the foundation dries and I get a more dewy look. The brushes are amazing and my blush has never looked so good. The eye shadows are great as well. I am happy I got this kit. I am going to cancel the Tarte kit I have on auto delivery and keep this one.

Super Contributor

On 4/1/2015 seagrl21 said:

IMO it's 'sparkly' don't like it on its own because its glittery versus luminous. It settled in my pores, makes them look bigger. What I did, mixed it with the normal CC cream, looks great. It actually gives a boost to the regular CC cream & it doesn't look so flat.

I agree with mixing it with the regular CC Cream it does give it a boost. Also if you use this Illuminated CC cream you won't need any other highlighter. In May there will be a TSV on the regular CC cream Super Size. Finally I will not hesitate to purchase the super size this time around. I find that the Illumination CC cream is a tad thicker than the regular CC cream so it gives better coverage. A small amount goes a long way. I do feel that IT Cosmetics have reached their threshold on "Illuminators". Enough already its time to give it a rest. Not every product has to contain illuminating properties. There is a place for them but not on everything.