Honored Contributor

Re: My impression of Josie Maran Argan Black Oil Mascara

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Mardie wrote:

My tip is to save the brush and use it with other mascaras you have.  You might find a winning combination with the different brush and mascara combinations.

@Mardie 

My questions concerning this tip are:

1.  What would you use to clean the wand before using it in another tube?

2. Do all mascaras use the same interface?  In other words, can you screw that wand into any mascara tube?

If not,

3.  How would you propose using it in a different mascara?

1. I wash the wand with hot soapy water. This usually cleans it very well. 2. No not all mascaras use the same interface. 3. I use the wand I like. What I do is break off the wand I don’t like, throw it away and save the cap. Then I use the wand I saved. After using I wash and just put in my make up bag. They also sell a variety package of different brushes at Ulta: J.Cat Beauty Online Only Disposable Silicone Mascara Wand Size 1.0 oz Item 2509741 4.3 OUT OF 5 STARS REVIEWS

@Naturesbeauty Excellent suggestions.  You can also buy empty mascara tubes to store your separate mascara wand, before placing it in a cosmetic bag.  These empty tubes are great if you make your own eyelash or eyebrow conditioner, like castor oil or another conditioner.  The tubes usually come with little funnels. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kabella wrote:

@Shanus  On me, it looks so natural with one coat as if I don't have Mascara on my lashes & I don't have sparse lashes. So for a natural everday for me, it works. For someone with very sparse lashes, I wouldn't recommend it on its own. Women with sparse straight lashes would appreciate Josie's Mascara for the ingred's & as a base because using one coat of a different brand Mascara (also a brand that may have not worked well on it's own) on top of Josie's will not imo, give the false lash or spidery look because I tryed it. I find it's the best for keeping curl. I agree it is easy to remove.

@Kabella   On an occasion when I want a fuller lash look, I apply a tiny bit of dark shadow to lashes before her mascara and it adds some depth. Otherwise, just use my drugstore mascara. Most of the time I enjoy Josie's as is.

Respected Contributor

I have her mascara in an AD kit and agree with your comments, so .....  I use it as my mascara and lash primer.  It’s great for that.   I use my regular mascara over it and it’s better than a lot of primers out there.  Also it’s black, which I prefer.  Many primers are white.   Try as a primer. 

Respected Contributor

Thank you @Kabella  for the review. I have never used her mascara. The one that came in the last TSV I am giving to my DIL. This just has such mixed reviews.

Super Contributor

Josie's mascara is very natural looking but I always get the black under my eyes, definitely can't sleep with it.  I did sleep with Carmindy's mascara and no racoon eyes, I really like Carmindy's mascara, small brush and lengthens the lashes but not the spider leg look

Frequent Contributor

I really like PTR's mascara but not his brush. I use a Too Faced Better than Sex brush (travel size) with the PTR and like the results.

Frequent Contributor

I like Josie's mascara but it isn't special. I like a bunch of others a lot better.

Trusted Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

This is my opinion for the type of lashes I have which are med. in length, not spare & very black. I was looking forward to getting the 5 mascaras because of the ingred's & also I do love alot of Josie's Products. I was disapointed but there is a plus. I found the Brush to be inovative & it separated the lashes well, gave a fluttery natural look, & kept the curl. Now the con, as far as length, it's Mediocre nor is it volumizing, It's a soft shade of black. It performs excellent as a base for other Mascara's, so its a keeper for that but for me not on its own. Oh, it did not flake & was easy for me to remove.

@Kabella  - I totally agree. It's very mediocre and non-volumizing. If someone wants a very light and natural look, this is the mascara to try. 

Regular Contributor

I got her mascara in a kit also.  It is just okay.  My favorite so far was the Benefit Roller Lash till I tried Thrive mascara.  I think I finally found my holy grail.  It goes on in tubes so there is no flaking, for me anyway and when you wash it off with just plain water or cleanser it comes off in tubes instead of smearing all over your face.

It is really hard to find a mascara that you really like.  Most I have ever tried always flaked or just clumped.  I got thrive as an add on in an Ipsy bag and really love it.  Just wish it would come down in price.  

Respected Contributor

@nekodaisy  I have never tried Thrive Mascara. I have looked it up on their website & seen a few Video's. It looks to be a good Mascara for lengthening the lashes. Glad you found your HG!