Respected Contributor

My impression of Josie Maran Argan Black Oil Mascara

This is my opinion for the type of lashes I have which are med. in length, not spare & very black. I was looking forward to getting the 5 mascaras because of the ingred's & also I do love alot of Josie's Products. I was disapointed but there is a plus. I found the Brush to be inovative & it separated the lashes well, gave a fluttery natural look, & kept the curl. Now the con, as far as length, it's Mediocre nor is it volumizing, It's a soft shade of black. It performs excellent as a base for other Mascara's, so its a keeper for that but for me not on its own. Oh, it did not flake & was easy for me to remove.

Valued Contributor

Re: My impression of Josie Maran Argan Black Oil Mascara

Thank you for giving us your review.  I think I'll stay with Mabelline Full and Soft.

Frequent Contributor

My tip is to save the brush and use it with other mascaras you have.  You might find a winning combination with the different brush and mascara combinations.

Honored Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

This is my opinion for the type of lashes I have which are med. in length, not spare & very black. I was looking forward to getting the 5 mascaras because of the ingred's & also I do love alot of Josie's Products. I was disapointed but there is a plus. I found the Brush to be inovative & it separated the lashes well, gave a fluttery natural look, & kept the curl. Now the con, as far as length, it's Mediocre nor is it volumizing, It's a soft shade of black. It performs excellent as a base for other Mascara's, so its a keeper for that but for me not on its own. Oh, it did not flake & was easy for me to remove.

@Kabella  Hi. Thanks for posting. Some of your cons are my pros and why I always purchase this mascara when offered in multiples. I like that it's not very volumumizing, keeps my lashes curled and the softer look is natural vs. the heavier false lash look that's OK for other occasions. It IS easy on the  skin to remove which is a big plus to me, too.

Honored Contributor

@Mardie wrote:

My tip is to save the brush and use it with other mascaras you have.  You might find a winning combination with the different brush and mascara combinations.

@Mardie 

My questions concerning this tip are:

1.  What would you use to clean the wand before using it in another tube?

2. Do all mascaras use the same interface?  In other words, can you screw that wand into any mascara tube?

If not,

3.  How would you propose using it in a different mascara?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Mardie wrote:

@Mardie 

My questions concerning this tip are:

1.  What would you use to clean the wand before using it in another tube?

2. Do all mascaras use the same interface?  In other words, can you screw that wand into any mascara tube?

If not,

3.  How would you propose using it in a different mascara?

1. I wash the wand with hot soapy water. This usually cleans it very well. 2. No not all mascaras use the same interface. 3. I use the wand I like. What I do is break off the wand I don’t like, throw it away and save the cap. Then I use the wand I saved. After using I wash and just put in my make up bag. They also sell a variety package of different brushes at Ulta: J.Cat Beauty Online Only Disposable Silicone Mascara Wand Size 1.0 oz Item 2509741 4.3 OUT OF 5 STARS REVIEWS
Trusted Contributor

I never cared for Josie's mascaras. 

Honored Contributor

@Kabella  - Will you be sleeping in the mascara - which is what she has been recommending lately?  Or will you be putting it on before bedtime - somethings else she recommends.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  On me, it looks so natural with one coat as if I don't have Mascara on my lashes & I don't have sparse lashes. So for a natural everday for me, it works. For someone with very sparse lashes, I wouldn't recommend it on its own. Women with sparse straight lashes would appreciate Josie's Mascara for the ingred's & as a base because using one coat of a different brand Mascara (also a brand that may have not worked well on it's own) on top of Josie's will not imo, give the false lash or spidery look because I tryed it. I find it's the best for keeping curl. I agree it is easy to remove.

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal  Sleeping with Mascara is no no for me, even Josie's. Even tho it is an agran based mascara, it was silly for her to say it would improve the lashes by sleeping with it on. Maybe some one here has & would chime in....