Super Contributor

Re: My iPad went kaput ... :(

On 6/23/2014 gazelle77 said: Wonder what the average life is with the iPad? Anyone know?

I had a gen 1 ipad and it never died, but Apple stopped upgrading it as Ios 5 and it basically became unusable due to the incompatibility with other programs/apps etc. I "sold" it for some amt maybe $100 dollars.

Not sure what I am doing next. If I traveled alot for work I would def get another iPad or an android tablet, but thinking that an eReader might be a good option - was thinking of the Kindle paperwhite for that. I ended up doing most of the tablet things I liked on my smartphone eventually bc it is always with me.

Honored Contributor

I sold my "original" for a $200 gift card at Target last November, and I presently use a 2, and will be upgrading when and if the iPadPro or whatever they will be calling it, comes out. I also plan to upgrade my iPhone to the bigger iPhone, again "when and if". I just had a terrific "Genius" experience at our local store. Sorry you were disappointed. I too LOVE Mac products.
Esteemed Contributor

That's happened to me too with my ipad and I did the holding down of the home button and on/off button at the same time and it came back to life. If memory serves I did the holding down for a minimum of 15 seconds, maybe a little longer before the apple logo came back on the screen and it was good to go again.

Esteemed Contributor

seaswirl ... did you purchase the Apple Care when you purchased the iPad? It is a protection plan sold by Apple. I purchase it for every Apple product I buy. The price and the length of the plan vary depending on the item that was purchased. If you did not purchase it I guess it is too late now. But if something happens to your Apple product it is either repaired or if it cannot be repaired it is replaced.

But try shaggygirl's suggestion. That might work. Or you can go to the Apple Forum and ask what you can do. Everyone is very helpful.

http://forums.appleinsider.com

IMHO Apple makes the best products.

Respected Contributor

I pay a tiny bit extra on my home owners policy to cover all computers and tablets.
Honored Contributor

I've had my iPad for 4 years and it's still working great.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

On 6/23/2014 ritasNo1Fan said: Try Android! Samsung has a new one coming in a week or two. 8.5 and 10.5. Supposed to be lighter than iPad air, & (they say) better visual than any apple. I believe it's called Samsung Pro S.

I have an Samsung Galaxy Pro 8.4" tab from February. The view is beautiful, but my iPad has the same quality display. My iPad4 gets 10 hours on a charge. The Pro only gets 7 hours. Samsung says the new Tab S will have a ultra power saving setting, but we will see when the reviews come in.

IMO, If you only have one tablet, it should be an Apple. The second a Samsung, and a third a Nexus 7 2013 32 GB.

Super Contributor

Correction all..my iPad was only 1.5 years old. Not that it makes a difference in your responses
Super Contributor

I heard that the life expectancy is 3 years.