Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse 

My hair is thinning on one side.  The side I sleep on.

Respected Contributor

Glad that same person did it right this time and you sound happy!  I wouldn't have trusted her...

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Texasmouse 

Have you tried sleeping on the other side @monicakm ?

Respected Contributor

Love a good haircut and getting the dry ends cut off. It's great that you finally got the haircut you wanted and by the same person!

Respected Contributor

Glad you are enjoying your hairstyle.  It can make all the difference in the world! So sorry to hear about your health. 

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Texasmouse 

@monicakm   I'm sure you have a satin pillowcase, if not it does help your hair slide across it instead of rubbing on even the finest cotton.

Respected Contributor

Thank you all for your very kind responses.Heart

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry to hear abut your health problems and hope they resolve quickly!

I'm happy that your hair is working for you now.  I understand about a too short cut.  Mine was not as short last August but it was a bit shorter than usual with a lot of layers. 

My stylist had cut it shorter and I was not happy with it.  About a week after my cut I went to the shore (right after Labor Day) and it was the hottest & most humid week of the season!  UGH!  My hair which is straight but fine was sticking up in all directions!  LOL!

I've since have been growing it out though I still go back regularly for a shaping.  So far my hair is almost (but not quite) shoulder length.  I decided that rather than getting it cut to be just at my neck to let it go a bit longer since I will be 70 in two months and I figured if not now then I will never let it grow....just to see how it will look.

Well it's been looking great so far!  I last got highlights in October so I have a few stray grays growing in but it's still about 98% brunette. 

Once summer comes around I will see how to handle it in the heat & humidity.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Yes ma'am, I have silk pillow cases on my 2 pillows at all times.  I've used silk for longer than I can remember.

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten   Sorry about your health. Hair: since mine is kind of thick and wavy/curly, I need to wear it very short (pixie) or a long bob without layers. If it's anywhere in between, a little rain or humidity and I get a big fluffy mess. I keep deep conditioning and only go for a cut about every 8-19 weeks, sometimes longer if I want a pony tail for summer. 

BTW, as we get older, does a higher pony look stupid? I wear mine at the neckline with grey elastics w/o the metal piece that I purchased on the Big A. It naturally curls under, so looks like a chignon/bun.