Respected Contributor

Salon, sanitized through out the day after each customer, stylists use gloves. Chairs are a good distance apart. I am going next week and will myself wear gloves.

Valued Contributor

Re: My hair salon staying open

Good luck with that.

Esteemed Contributor

i heard this discussed on NPR today. They were recommending that people not go the salon (contact is too close). i have an appointment now that i made a long time ago, but i am going to cancel it. 

Frequent Contributor

Just curious, will your hairdresser stay 6' away? People aren't taking this seriously enough IMO.

Trusted Contributor

Can they sanitize the air, where the virus lives and hangs for up to three hours?

Are you willing to chance that if you do get the virus and survive, your lung capacity might forever be reduced by 20%?

Are you ok with knowing all this that you may pass it on to 20 people in your realm?

All for a hairdo.

Respected Contributor

I will cancel my appointment that is next week.  Word is that my state is going to order a statewide stay at home this weekend.  Our National Guard has been called up.  I will be here in my home, safe and sound!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Frequent Contributor

The virus lingers in the air on moisture. In your breath and splatter from the wash bowl that stylist is breathing into for three hours. All the surface cleaning cannot take it out of the air. Until people follow the rules, it will continue to spread. A cut, color and style are not essentials right now. Agreed, I’ve never had a stylist 6 feet away. Please, for the safety of your family and friends, stay home!
Honored Contributor

Our Governor (WV) ordered closure of ALL hair and nail salons as of today.   

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

My governor seems to have closed physical banks, hair salons, etc. late today. Many businesses already had closed before the Governor's mandate.

Esteemed Contributor

All hair salons have been forced to close.  I received an email from my salon saying they have a root touch up product that they will deliver to their clients.  I don't color my hair, but can't understand why having roots during these times is so important when we are all just at home.  There are more important things to worry about.