Esteemed Contributor

My hair looks like a Clown's wig

The only difference is, it is not multi colored Cat LOL

Heat and humidity have set in now.  It's shocking what can happen to one head of hair!

Decided to try to go back to my natural curls for now given the smoothing treatment I've been getting takes a couple of hours in the salon. 

All I can think when I look in the mirror is, YIKES!

Glad I'm not going anywhere. Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: My hair looks like a Clown's wig

Weather plays havoc with hair. Don't let it get you down.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman wrote:

The only difference is, it is not multi colored Cat LOL

Heat and humidity have set in now.  It's shocking what can happen to one head of hair!

Decided to try to go back to my natural curls for now given the smoothing treatment I've been getting takes a couple of hours in the salon. 

All I can think when I look in the mirror is, YIKES!

Glad I'm not going anywhere. Cat LOL

@Witchy Woman 

Those of us with curly hair that frizzes in humidity  have had society pressures on our perception of beauty our whole lives.  All those years with rollers, straighteners, curling irons, endless beauty supplies, almost ashamed of who we are. . At my age in life  grateful to God to have hair. There are all kinds of healthy hair products now to sooth your curls without damage, harsh chemicals or much work. Many in the younger generation do not have the fear of not looking like everyone else or the need to have beauty pagent hair.  Beauty companies have realized it.  There are some healthy and easy alternatives out there.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman  I have short hair so I don't share your problem but Farewell Frizz Out Blow Dry and Heat Protectant protects hair up to 450 degrees.  It received 5 stars reviews from everyone.  It's $24 @ Nordstrom.  Item no. 5827116.  It's by Briogeo.  It's not easy receiving 5 star reviews.  Check it out.  I hope it helps you.  I am so sick of this hot weather and humidity.  It contains all good ingredients rosehip oil, argan oil and coconut oil.  Nordstrom is free shpg. and returns.  If you are displeased with the product you can return it.

BRIOGEO Farewell Frizz Blow Dry Perfection and Heat Protectant Crème, Main, color, NO COLOR

kindness is strength
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I've colored my hair but have not had it cut for almost five months. When I look in the mirror, I see my mother, who has worn her hair at this length for decades. My stick-straight hair became wavy after my thyroid cancer surgery in 2008. Now my hair is just like Mom's. I am too scared to cut it myself or find a salon that will ignore safe distancing rules. Since I have nowhere else to go, I shall be content with the status quo.

Respected Contributor

Embrace your natural curls!  I quit flat ironing and all the rest, my hairstylist says my hair is in better shape than he has ever seen it.  I have days here in the Mississippi humidity that I appear as a chia pet, but I have come to relish my natural wavy hair and quit fighting the inevitable.

Esteemed Contributor

@Boomernichols 

"chiapet".....Cat LOLCat LOLCat LOL

That's the look I'm going for!

Esteemed Contributor

@hopi 

I hear you.

I've done it all, including ironing my hair on an ironing board when I was young and it was very long.

Every girl in my high school class had long, straight hair parted in the middle.

I spent many an unhappy day trying to do the same.

If I had all that time back, I'd only be 40 years old Cat LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 

I'm letting my hair air dry, but if I go back to using my heated spin brush (trying to resist it), I'll give this product a try.

I posted before that my quest for straight hair was mostly wanting to be one of the "cool girls." 

I am mostly over that now, but there are days I feel as if I look like the "crazy cat lady." 

Thankfully, it will pass Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman  I do understand because when I was younger and had shoulder length hair the humidity would frizz up my hair.  At least today there are products to combat the frizz.

kindness is strength