Trusted Contributor

Re: My hair is thinning a little.

@Dazlin 

Have you every tried the volumizing shampoo from Oribe?

Trusted Contributor

@ThinkOutsidetheBox 

I noticed the same thing regarding Carol's Daughter products.  They really dry out the ends of my hair and make my shoulder length hair look like "witch" hair.  I'm trying to find a good shampoo that won't do that to my hair.  

I too, suffered from hair loss after using WEN.  It was horrible.  And my hair never recovered either.  I've been using the hair laser for the last 6 months and have seen a significant improvement, but my hair is no where near it's thickness.  I need to get to the doctor to get some blood work done.  Maybe I can get some answers.  It's frustrating because my mom and no female in my family has ever suffered from hair loss.  So it's a mystery to me why I'm dealing with it.  

Would you (or someone on here) know of a good shampoo and conditioner that I can use?  Thickening shampoos seem to dry out the hair and leave it unmanageble, even if I use the conditioner along with it.  

Honored Contributor

@Valstybaby wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Valstybaby ,

I use two different laser devices. The CapillusPro Cap for the top of my head and the HairMax-9 comb for the sides and back of my head.

I have the Hairmax 7 but until recently have been inconsistent with it.  I do think my hair has gotten, if not a little thicker, it has not thinned. I do it 3xa week after washing and drying. 

@Valstybaby, I have been using the headband Hairmax religiously.  I'm on month 4.  But, I do mine right after the shower while it's still wet and before I put anything in it so there's not a chance of any obstruction for the lights.  Also, once I have dried my hair, I don't want those combs messing up my curl pattern or the volume I've managed to produce. 

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Valstybaby wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Valstybaby ,

I use two different laser devices. The CapillusPro Cap for the top of my head and the HairMax-9 comb for the sides and back of my head.

I have the Hairmax 7 but until recently have been inconsistent with it.  I do think my hair has gotten, if not a little thicker, it has not thinned. I do it 3xa week after washing and drying. 

@Valstybaby, I have been using the headband Hairmax religiously.  I'm on month 4.  But, I do mine right after the shower while it's still wet and before I put anything in it so there's not a chance of any obstruction for the lights.  Also, once I have dried my hair, I don't want those combs messing up my curl pattern or the volume I've managed to produce. 

I never thought of using it on wet hair before any products. I think I will be trying that because it makes a lot of sense.

Thank you!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

ME24, I cannot recommend anything when it comes to hair because everyone is so very different. All I can do is say what I have used on my wavy to curly, coarse, dry hair shaft, with a previously overly oily scalp (before pre-menopause started). My scalp is now much more "normal".

I currently use Pacifica Pineapple Curls conditioner and shampoo because there are no sulfates, silicones or preservatives beginning with "m" which were discussed as a possible culprit for the sensitive with the Wen issues. Silicones are a HUGE no-no- for my scalp. They make my hair shaft look divine, but they make my scalp red, inflamed, itchy and cause me hair loss. I am allergic to silicones of any kind, even in enamel-colored dental work/fillings. Do a Google search for the names that silicones go by in hair products. They are not easily recognized in the ingredients lists.

Also, what you choose to use for styling products matters as well too. I tend to use Noodle Head leave in sprays and creams from Sally Beauty Supply. The ingredients are not clean, but since I only put them mostly on the hair strands and not my scalp, I get away with it. My leave-in spray conditioner that goes on the hair before Noodle Head is Kenra Daily Provision. Also not clean in ingredients but I apply only on hair and try to avoid my scalp. I find the shampoo and conditioner have the most effect on my scalp, so I do not play around with ingredients in those.

When I do get scalp issues, I use something called Uncle Harry's Hair and Scalp Elixir. I get a 4 oz spray bottle, add organic apple cider vinegar to the halfway point, fill the rest with well-shaken Uncle Harry's, then shake the resulting mixture well, spray directly on my scalp, and massge it in. Takes itching and burning away asap. Also, I mentioned in my earlier post that the tincture I am taking for my hot flashes has significantly caused me to have thicker hair growth. My mom has had the same experience with the same product. She is 81.

Good luck and sorry to be so long-winded everyone!