Honored Contributor

Re: My hair appt is this Thursday!!

@wvumountiefan  I envy you.  I look in the mirror and my hair if a mop!  I usually wear it in layers and short (longer Pixie).  As you age, (at least me), my hair has thinned out, not drastically but still it's not the same so I wear it short because it is so easy to take care of.  Enjoy your appt.  You may have to wear a mask.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

My salon is opening May 26, you will need to wear a mask, have your temp checked, and wait in car until they come and get you. I will be waiting for awhile. 

Respected Contributor

Mine is Tuesday, May 26, and cannot wait.  She has texted me all of the precuations that need to happen before and during my visit.    I cannot wait to have a trim and hightlights done.

Esteemed Contributor

Lucky you! My stylist will open her salon on Wednesday (5/20), and I have an appointment for a haircut on 5/28. I really need highlights, but I'm glad that I can finally get a cut! My hair is pitiful! Only 2 stylists and 2 clients in her salon at a time and masks are required. I'll do whatever it takes! LOL!

Regular Contributor

Oh my I was out there on the first day they lifted the lockdown, the hairdressers are fine, quit being scared and live your life.

Respected Contributor

LUCKY YOU!!!

My last cut was Oct 24th.  I was due in Feb then it got moved to March then things got shut down.

I have long hair but if I don't get it trimmed I get breakage and I have a TON of breakage and my hair is all diff. lengths now and I worry if I don't get in soon I am going to have to cut 4-5 inches or even more which would bring it to shoulder length which does not look good on me.

i am using oils on the ends to help prevent breakage but it's really starting to worry me Smiley Sad

Never had breakage with my hair until I got into my late 40's.  Ugh!!

Enjoy your appt. Can't wait till we all get haircuts!

Honored Contributor

@Graydoxiechick wrote:

Oh my I was out there on the first day they lifted the lockdown, the hairdressers are fine, quit being scared and live your life.

@Graydoxiechick, I think it's really up to the individual to make such a decision. And I think it's presumptuous to tell anyone to quit being scared and live their life.

Many are rightly concerned and want nothing more that to continue living their life.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

@Graydoxiechick wrote:

You do you. If your state is open, do what you want.

I have read too many articles of hairdressers getting infected and infecting their clients.

I would love to get my hair cut, but its not worth getting sick.

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

LUCKY YOU!!!

My last cut was Oct 24th.  I was due in Feb then it got moved to March then things got shut down.

I have long hair but if I don't get it trimmed I get breakage and I have a TON of breakage and my hair is all diff. lengths now and I worry if I don't get in soon I am going to have to cut 4-5 inches or even more which would bring it to shoulder length which does not look good on me.

i am using oils on the ends to help prevent breakage but it's really starting to worry me Smiley Sad

Never had breakage with my hair until I got into my late 40's.  Ugh!!

Enjoy your appt. Can't wait till we all get haircuts!

Hi @SandGirl .  When do the salons open up in your area?  If you can't get an appointment are you able to trim it yourself to help with the breakage?

Super Contributor

Waiting for my salon to open....The owner sent an email sometime ago and said all May and June appointments are cancelled.... Yuck... The salon is pretty big so I don't know how or when they will get around to me...Last haircut was February so I am anxious to get some highlights done again... Hope all is well and we can all get our hair done soon...