Respected Contributor

Re: My hair! (and not in a good way)

I wonder why so many people have taken offense that I mentioned that a lot of old ladies keep their hair short because it's easier than dealing with longer hair.

Did I hit a nerve or something? BTW, I'M an old lady too and have been struggling with my hair, especially in light of the fact that years ago I had an accident that turned my labrum and everything else on my left shoulder--my surgeon said it looked like hamburger--so I have a hard time styling my hair, especially if it involves a blow dryer or a curling iron.

I used to have a pony tail and I sure miss it, but leaving my silver hair plastered to my skull because I can't take care of it isn't an option for me.

Lighten up.

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten   You may want to tell her that it's not laying right could she tweak it?  It's your money.  If you want to pay for another cut go ahead but I would let her know,

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Rose429 wrote:

I struggle with my hair, short or long. It is wavy and when air dried, all the shorter hairs on top frizz and cannot be tamed. Gel, spray, wax, they will not stay down. I wear my hair in a ponytail most days but I get tired of that. I have a long face and I don't think a ponytail is very flattering. My hairdresser is no help. When she blows it dry, I leave with a puffed out frizzy mess. I want to go to the makeover guy that is on u tube, but I know that will never happen. 

@Rose429   i have wavy long hair i'm growing out my gray (6")  and now mostly short frizzies coming in . i stopped coloring for several reasons, one of which is short new growth was taking the color wierd and darker.   i have WOW Dream Coat - have used it 2x. you spray it on damp hair and it needs to be blow-dried with heat to make it work to smooth the hair and lasts about 4-5 poos. but it does seem to coat my hair a bit. i have tried everything.   Dreamcoat is not my HG though. i don't want to go short. i have a long scar from the base of my neck down from c-spine surgery.

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten   You may want to tell her that it's not laying right could she tweak it?  It's your money.  If you want to pay for another cut go ahead but I would let her know,

I am SO embarassed to admit that because I can't see very well (can't wear glasses in the shower) I discovered I'd been "washing" my hair with CONDITIONER Man Surprised No wonder it looked so awful and laid, plastered, on my head!!!!

I shampooed my hair today WITH ACTUAL SHAMPOO, and it looks 100% better and exactly the way I want it to. I'm such a doh-doh! 

Super Contributor

@CatsyCline @I think our hair is exactly the same!! I have been thinking of going grey because the color looks weird on my grey too. I will try WOW spray. Thank you for responding

Respected Contributor

@Rose429 wrote:

@CatsyCline @I think our hair is exactly the same!! I have been thinking of going grey because the color looks weird on my grey too. I will try WOW spray. Thank you for responding

@Rose429   you are very welcome!  yea right! i agree!!  about our hair!    i got from  AAMAZoN  a 3 pc kit of travel size Wow spray, shampoo & conditioner.    the spray will last a while!! iirc about $29