Respected Contributor

Re: My getting ready to go out routine....

I do miss doing my entire face but there is no point. Just do my skincare including SPF and mascara. More than anything I miss wearing lipstick. Oh well there are greater worries in life right now.

Honored Contributor

Not going out much, but when I do I am still doing my eye makeup and a tinted SPF. I do not wear sunglasses inside so I like having eye makeup applied. No blush, lipstick or gloss needed with a mask. 

Respected Contributor

I got in the habit of not wearing much makeup because of staying home more.  When I go out I do put some on.  Maybe less than I used to.  I am back and forth with the mask depending on where I go.  I practice distancing, so I don't always have that mask on.  I have no fear of being called out for not being 100% on the mask wearing.  LOL.  I have that "make my day" attitude, so no one is messing with this hot mama! 

Honored Contributor

Not even COVID 19 has stopped me from wearing a full face of makeup but bone on bone knee pain HAS!  

Esteemed Contributor

Eye make-up has always been the time consuming part of my MU routine and since eyes are the only thing that's seen with a mask on, I'm still doing them.  I have small eyes with poker straight lashes, so they really benefit from makeup and a lash curler.  It makes such a big difference in my appearance that I don't see stopping anytime soon.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Valued Contributor

I run a comb through my hair and take my freshly washed face with moisturizer and newly brushed teeth out the door. No makeup, but definitely masked up.

In all fairness though I'm still self isolating and only leave the house to take out the garbage, get the mail, hit Walgreens when they first open (about once every three weeks), and visit my parents in their yard (about every 10-14 days). I've only purchased gas twice since March 14th; and once was on March 14th lol. 

I really don't go much of anywhere. 

Also should disclose that even without a pandemic I rarely wear any makeup here in the summer. Sunglasses are on most of the time, and it's too muggy to have anything much on my skin.

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

So easy now... I just put on suncreen over my skin care... no makeup... no lip... and put on my face mask... 

so much faster... my skin loves not being covered up with makeup... a win win. About the only POSITIVE thing about this virus I can think of

.. I know I can go out in public bare faced and feel good. Woman Happy

Happy for you, @SeaMaiden !

I've always felt that way, have always been rather minimal....just a swipe of Bye Bye Pores and a few other swipes of color & definition on eyes, lips & cheeks. More natural looks so much prettier!

I really haven't changed any of my making up.

Honored Contributor

I do full eye brows and eye makeup after anti aging which has a sunscreen.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden -- I haven't worn any makeup since late February, and I love it!  I even think my complexion is healthier, but maybe that's my imagination or wishful thinking.  It's rare that I go out - and then it's the drive-thru at the bank or pharmacy or grocery pickup.  

I keep my ever-growing hair washed and styled (I need a haircut!!) -- but certainly don't need makeup with a mask on.   

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt