Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

My foray into the world of IT Cosmetics!

I've been wanting to try this line for a long time now.  None of the TSV kits have appealed to me and what I was really waiting for was a small, travel-sized, discovery type of kit for not a lot of money.  I'm still waiting.  Anyhow, I went to Sephora at a bigger mall that I don't go to very often and I was pleasantly surprised to see an IT Cosmetics display. (I actually almost screamed with glee, but don't tell anyone)

I was chatting with the saleswoman for a bit and she made me some samples of the products I was interested in trying.  They are as follows...

Bye Bye Redness (haven't tried yet)

Anti-Aging Armour (have't tried yet)

Bye Bye Undereye Illumination

Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream SPF 50

I also bought a travel size Bye Bye Undereye at Ulta last week, so I was excited to do an experiment.

I used regular Bye Bye Undereye under one eye and Bye Bye Undereye Illumination under the other eye.  I have to experiment some more, but I think I preferred the regular Bye Bye Undereye.  I think it covered more than the Illumination one.  Both products are very thick and you need so little it's barely a speck on your brush.  I've read mixed reviews about Bye Bye Undereye, but it worked well for me.  I was intitally hesitant because of how thick it is.  I have dark circles no matter what and this product did a good job of covering them.  It also didn't sink into any fine lines, which I don't have too many of, but some concealers just don't look good on me.

Onto the Your Skin But Butter CC+ Cream SPF 50...my usual "foundation" is Paula's Choice Resist Super Wrinkle Daily Defense SPF 30, which I have repurchased many times.  I don't like foundation on my skin and I don't really like sunscreen on my face, so I was thrilled when I loved the PC product so much.  I do still like to try new things every once in a while, though.

My skin is slightly oily (summer weather does not help) and the PC product does a good job of mattifying my skin.  Like nothing else I've tried before.  I applied the IT foundation with a foundation brush and it felt thick going on.  I didn't care for it.  But after it settled, it was like nothing was on my skin.  The coverage was good, the finish was nice, and it did not make me oily as the day went on.  A little on my forehead, but I found it comparable to my PC product, which was really exciting.  I'm not sure I would purchase a full size, but I may purchase a travel size (they only sell light and medium in travel size).

Right now, I have some color from the sun and I'm wearing Light.  I'm usually very fair skinned, so I may have to change colors to fair when fall comes and my tan fades.

I'm wearing Medium in the Bye Bye Undereye.

Good thing I haven't tried the other two products yet, this is already very long!  Thanks for reading!

For those who wish to reply, what do you think of the IT Cosmetics products mentioned in my post?  I'm also interested in that foundation that has the sponge in it and Bye Bye Pores.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

Re: My foray into the world of IT Cosmetics!

@Stargazer77 - How great that you can try the products you're interested in before you buy them! I like IT and have a lot of it, unfortunately none of the products you talked about (I do have Bye Bye Undereye, but I like Tarte's Shape Tape better.).

What I wanted to tell you is you mentioned a foundation with a sponge in it. If you're talking about the Confidence in a Compact SPF50 foundation A287157 - I can tell you it's wonderful! I have combination skin and this is definitely one of my favorite foundations. It's light, but can be applied heavier, and feels like nothing on. You can read the reviews about it and see if you might want to give it a try. Good luck! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

If you try Bye Bye Pores my recommendation is the solid compact version. I got the loose powder version years ago and woah what a mess. Even with a very small amount and a very light hand (which imo is a necessity for this product) , you can see it flying everywhere. I never use it now.

My must have IT product is the CC cream. I like both, regular and illumination. Sometimes I mix them. Sometimes for more coverage I use something else over it. I buy the fair.

I also recommend signing up on IT web site. I only buy during the friends and family 25% off.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Esteemed Contributor

@Stargazer77

You asked about Bye Bye Pores...

I really like this product! I do not wear any foundation and I really have no issues with pores, but I got it because it cuts the natural skin glow (after skin care), just like they show in the presentations. I like the pressed version. Just a few sweeps over the center of my face, and it is effective the entire day.

Since I like that so much, I also got the Bye Bye Pores blush in Naturally Pretty. I apply blush w/ the lightest touch. I hardly tap my loose brush over the blush. I really like this, too!

Whatever else they claim to be in the Bye Bye Pores products, I like the fact that they have silk, which is good for the skin.

Esteemed Contributor

I use both the Bye Bye Pores loose powder and the compact powder and love them equally.   My tip for using the loose powder:  You know all those holes in the top of the compact?  Don't punch out the paper covering on all the holes.  Just punch out 2 or 3 of the holes and then tap the tiniest amount of powder into the lid.  Only use this tiny amount of powder on your brush -- a little bit goes a long way.   No mess, and a container of BBP will last for years. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

I tried the CC cream and I love it but sadly it does not love me.  I love the Bye Bye Pores Powder.  I am also a big fan of the eye shadow trios and the tightline mascara. I agree with tototwo...don't uncover all the holes.  I have had no messes.  I also do this with my BE powders and shadows and never have a mess.  Of course a lot of my BE has the click lock and go lids but in the day that wasn't the case.

Honored Contributor

I don't use IT much--got the eyebrow pencil which was good and then I found the gel eyeliner from IT and I really like that alot. Don't know where I got it--maybe a beauty box--but it goes on so smoothly.I think if there was a trial size kit of IT, I would try that first.

Esteemed Contributor

Almost all my makeup is IT now. Only thing I have that isn't is a few eyeshadow pallets. my makeup today looks so good. The confidence in your glow pallets are so pretty. I also like both cc creams.  Sometimes I mix them. I have a trial size of the regular CC cream and will be getting the full size when it's gone. I like the confidence in a compact. It goes on nice. But after having it for awhile I think I prefer the CC Creams.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tototwo wrote:

I use both the Bye Bye Pores loose powder and the compact powder and love them equally.   My tip for using the loose powder:  You know all those holes in the top of the compact?  Don't punch out the paper covering on all the holes.  Just punch out 2 or 3 of the holes and then tap the tiniest amount of powder into the lid.  Only use this tiny amount of powder on your brush -- a little bit goes a long way.   No mess, and a container of BBP will last for years. 

@tototwo @hellokitty I used to do this with my Bare Escentuals products!

Trusted Contributor

UPDATE:

I tried the Armour product today and it didn't really control my oil.  I don't think I would purchase it.  It was fun to try, though.  I think the consistency is lighter than the CC+ Cream and the finish was nice.  It's also a bit too dark for me.  It's one of those universal color products.  I think I will swatch some shades on the back of my hand to see how it compares to some other products.  Up next will be Bye Bye Redness.