Valued Contributor

My first microneedling treatment!

Purchased a package of 4 from a plastic surgeon’s aesthetic dept. Here’s what was done:

Cleanse skin and an ultrasonic facial with steam; numbing cream; after about 30 min she started with the microneedling - she divided up the face in sections and applied a growth factor serum when each section was done. Shallower depth on the forehead and nose and deepest on my cheeks. She also did my neck and chest. Afterwards a hydrating mask and led treatment (red, blue, and another color), and a moisturizer to protect my skin.. Overall it was relaxing and I hardly felt anything thanks to the numbing.

My skin is really red, like a really bad sunburn and I have some swelling. She said the swelling should go down tonight and my skin will feel tight as it heals and will then peel. I received a home care kit with IS clinical products. I’m working from home but if I wasn’t this would definitely be a Friday afternoon procedure so I could lay low for a few days afterwards.

Interestingly the esthetician said that microneedling would help with redness on my chin and cheeks.

Honored Contributor

Re: My first microneedling treatment!

[ Edited ]

I've been doing needling for over ten years. I don't use any numbing cream because that constricts the blood vessels close to the surface and you need the blood there to promote the healing process and stimulate collagen. It's painful but it works really well.

Needling does reduce redness by making the skin thicker so it covers the redness more.  It got rid of my forehead lines and almost eliminated the lines around my mouth. It tightened my skin all over.

Honored Contributor

@Fluke67 

Are you going to go back for another treatment?

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee yes, I have a package of 4, my next one is in about a month.
Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee I was also told not to take any anti inflammatories like Advil if I had some pain - was advised to use Tylenol if needed.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sounds good. 

I hope everything goes well for you and you like what you see.Woman Happy

What kind of needles did they use? Was it a roller or a stamp? Was it electric pulsating kind?

@Fluke67 

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee it was a stamp, she mentioned it had 36 needles. That’s about all I know, will be more observant next time!

I decided to get this done because a friend had really great results from the same package. My main goals are pigment and redness, thankfully I don’t have wrinkles at rest yet but this may stave them off a bit longer.
Honored Contributor

OMG----sounds awful--what is it for??

Valued Contributor

@wagirl it’s to help with pigment, redness. Collagen/wrinkles, tightness, texture, almost everything skin related. It’s actually pretty effective.
Trusted Contributor

How much does four of these treatments cost? I have never heard of it.