Honored Contributor

Re: My first Tretinoin Experience

@decaf wrote:

@SilleeMee  I also use ADC .05 Retino A Cream and I never peel now either.  I'm a little perplexed.  I have experienced peeling, it's like a snake molting it's skin, I can't leave the house like that!  Is the intended goal with tret to peel?  Am I missing something or am I mistaken?

@decaf 

Peeling is a side effect and not a goal or purpose of using tret. The antiaging  part happens below the surface where you don't see it. However, peeling is an indication that the tret is working but that doesn't have to be the case to get it's antiaging benefits. For me the peeling is sort of an assurance that the tret is working. It's a personal preference.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: My first Tretinoin Experience

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

With the exception of a vitamin C serum and a moisturizer, I have forfeited all of my previous skincare products when i started using tretinoin years ago. Tretinoin addresses 6 out 7 signs of aging...fine lines/wrinkles, dullness, uneven skin tone, dark spots/redness, texture and visible pores. The only thing tret doesn't do for me is moisturize and give me antioxidant protection which I find in a vitamin C serum.

@SilleeMee I don't understand this.  What about the QRx peptides serum and eye booster serum?  Aren't you using some other QRx too? 

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I need to explain my post there. Yes I use the QRx peptides, glycolic toner and occasionally the eye booster. But not at night when I apply tret alone. 

Sorry for the confusion.