Super Contributor

My eyelashes grow straight down, anyone else have this problem?

I could really use some advice with my short eyelashes -- oddly, they grow straight down.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

I have purchased a heated eyelash curler and the She Uemura eyelash curler, but neither makes my lashes curl for very long.

My eyes are sensitive, so I must use sensitive waterproof mascara, and it seems to weigh them down.

I have researched ‘how to train eyelashes’ online -- but was curious if you have any suggestions on anything that I can try, or have ever experienced this? Thanks for your help.

Respected Contributor

Re: My eyelashes grow straight down, anyone else have this problem?

Mine are straight - I always curl them with a normal curler - hated the heated one. Not just a quick squeeze, two or three for several seconds, turning them up as I curl. I also use ONLY Maybelline mascara - it's the ONLY brand I've ever used that has enhanced the curl instead of killed it.
( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Super Contributor

My husband's grow straight down.
Occasional Contributor

Mine do the same thing but only on one eye. I used to think because I slept on that side that those lashes were permanently down. Then on Oprah one day she said that her eyelashes grow down. She said the only thing she found to do was wear false lashes. I'm a little old for that but maybe that would work for you.

Super Contributor

False eyelashes are not an option for me, I don't think I even want to try them. Its good to know that I am not alone in experiencing this.

Respected Contributor

It isn't cheap, but you can get professionally applied lash extensions.
( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Super Contributor

Is this permanent? I cannot imagine how this would work. haha.

Honored Contributor

My BF has the same issue. She SWEARS by She uemura curler and Mally Waterproof mascara in the pink tube. She will use nothing else...EVER! I think her lashes look great.

My salon does the lash extensions. They said they 'wear off' as time goes on. NOT permanent. Kinda like hair extensions. Some might shed...should be replaced after several months. Sorry, don't know the cost.

There have been many threads here about Rapidlash. I am going to try it soon. No one has ever mentioned it correcting lashes that grow straight out....but they rave that the stuff really works making them longer. Maybe if your lashes were longer...they would curl up better?

Good luck to you!

Respected Contributor

On 2/24/2014 Mama Deb said:

Is this permanent? I cannot imagine how this would work. haha.

No, like hair extensions, you have to go have them touched up. They glue individual lashes directly to your existing ones.
( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Super Contributor

My eyelashes are a little bent on the side I sleep on.