Super Contributor

Re: My eyebrows are getting sparse!

I have used the Men's Extra Strength Minoxidil (Kirkland version) for about 2 months now, just at nighttime.  It has greatly helped my 56 year old thinning eyebrows.  

Honored Contributor

I forgot to mention copper peptide serum, for instance Isomers. Copper peptides are frequently used in hair-growth topicals b/c it promotes hair growth by improving blood flow to the hair follicles which acts similar to minoxidil. If you've used copper peptide serum on your face then you may have experienced some excess peach fuzz or even some unexpected whiskers showing up. That CP serum may be the culprit but use it on your brows and that might help them get thicker. Not only does it make the hair grow faster but it can cause new ones to sprout also.

Respected Contributor

This may sound a little off the wall, but sometimes I wonder if my Clarisonic has something to do with my sparse brow tails.  When I wash my face and use it along my forehead, maybe it yanks some out.  Maybe not.  Just wondering.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

I was using the e.l.f. brow pencil (taupe) for the longest time. That's a great pencil!  But now I don't use that any more b/c my brows have become full again from using Careprost (same as Latisse). I buy it cheap from AllDayChemist, no Rx needed. ADC has a free shipping deal for 2 bottles of Careprost (2-month supply) for $25 if you want to try it.

ETA - It appears ADC has raised the price for their Careprost. So now it's $25 per bottle and the free shipping is available only in the 2-pack for $50 total. That is still not a bad price when you compare it with Latisse + a doctor's visit charge for the Rx.

@emmygrace 

@goldensrbest 

@San Antonio Gal

@SilleeMee 

@emmygrace 

I recently purchased from Tara Skincare (dot) com after using ADC for years.  The price is $38.00 per bottle, but shipping is free,  you earn points, and they frequently have sales.  They had a 20% off sale on Cyber Monday, no good now, just saying.

They also carry the same retin-A like product.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@emmygrace 

I apply Tea Tree oil on my eyebrows every night.  The key is consistency.  I do see sparser areas fill in.  I apply a drop or two per eyebrow to my eyebrow spoolie & brush it through.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@emmygrace 

I apply Tea Tree oil on my eyebrows every night.  The key is consistency.  I do see sparser areas fill in.  I apply a drop or two per eyebrow to my eyebrow spoolie & brush it through.

Good to know, thanks! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@emmygrace wrote:

Any ideas??? Woman Happy

How is your thyroid? A simple test will let you know.  Spare brows  can be a symptom 

Valued Contributor

Ok So this may sound silly but its a diy. It works for me and makes my eye lashes very long. 

small amount of aloe vera gel

small amount of black castor oil

small amount of vitamin e 

couple of drops of olive oil 

Mix it really good and it will become thick and like a serum. Just apply to eye brows and lashes at night avoiding getting it in your eyes. 

My lashes are eye brows are noticeable longer and thicker. It takes a couple of weeks of consistant use. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop