Honored Contributor

Re: My eyebrows are getting sparse!

@SilleeMee wrote:

I was using the e.l.f. brow pencil (taupe) for the longest time. That's a great pencil!  But now I don't use that any more b/c my brows have become full again from using Careprost (same as Latisse). I buy it cheap from AllDayChemist, no Rx needed. ADC has a free shipping deal for 2 bottles of Careprost (2-month supply) for $25 if you want to try it.

ETA - It appears ADC has raised the price for their Careprost. So now it's $25 per bottle and the free shipping is available only in the 2-pack for $50 total. That is still not a bad price when you compare it with Latisse + a doctor's visit charge for the Rx.

@emmygrace 

@goldensrbest 

@San Antonio Gal

@SilleeMee   I've read if you stop using products like that for brows or lashes, they can begin to fall out. True?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

When you stop using lash-growth serums, such as Latisse, then what you'll end up with is what you had before using it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So far, no one's mentioned thyroid issues. Sometimes, when the thyroid is off, the brow hairs begin to shed. Maybe some blood work would be a great idea. I started losing my tails (LOL) and it was my throid. Now on meds and grew back in a few months.

Trusted Contributor

@shaggygirl  I know what you mean about thinning hair and eyebrows, and mustache and chin hairs!  My mustache is thinning though.  After all of these years.  I've been waxing that area for decades!  But my hair is really thinning, and my brows.  I'm not that worried about my brows.  I'm still using the same Lancome brow pencil I've been using since forever.  I am worried about my hair.  My poor diet and lack of exercise don't help.  I've got to get back on the wagon.  And those chin hairs!  lol!  They seem to grow back overnight!  

Valued Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I started losing my brows even before menopause, the tails disappeared.  Then menopause and downhill from there.  If I have six hairs left on each side I'd be shocked.  My answer is Benefit, regular pencil, don't know what they have named it lately.  I'm still working on the mechanical silver pencils which replaced the wood ones.  They really last.

Benefit...I love their products! Thanks!

Valued Contributor

@walkingal wrote:

@shaggygirl  I know what you mean about thinning hair and eyebrows, and mustache and chin hairs!  My mustache is thinning though.  After all of these years.  I've been waxing that area for decades!  But my hair is really thinning, and my brows.  I'm not that worried about my brows.  I'm still using the same Lancome brow pencil I've been using since forever.  I am worried about my hair.  My poor diet and lack of exercise don't help.  I've got to get back on the wagon.  And those chin hairs!  lol!  They seem to grow back overnight!  

Getting older is a b*tch!!!! Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

@emmygrace wrote:

Any ideas??? Woman Happy

@emmygrace   Hi.  And welcome to the club.  Do you know if your thyroid is working properly?  That can be a cause.  I was also told recently by a brow wax tech that if you are a side-sleeper you can lose a few hairs in the tail area.  I had never thought of that.  As for me, I used to have really decent brows that needed to get waxed once a month or else they looked like caterpillars.  Now, at 56 and mostly through menopause, my brows don't grow much and have gotten sparce.  I found a good pencil online (cheap) in a really good color match so now it's one more step to do before walking out the door.  (Heavy sigh)  The same brow tech suggested one of those brush-on lash treatments to use on the brows.  I tried it and can honestly say that it MIGHT have helped but can't say for sure.

Honored Contributor

Mine have been getting thicker as I get older.  I had been "grooming" (read trimming) them, but person who does my hair told me to leave them alone and she'd do it for me.

They are 90% snow white .... I use Just for Men Mustache dye to color them - but it washes out after a few days - an ongoing job!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BarbiHollywood wrote:

@emmygrace wrote:

Any ideas??? Woman Happy

@emmygrace   Hi.  And welcome to the club.  Do you know if your thyroid is working properly?  That can be a cause.  I was also told recently by a brow wax tech that if you are a side-sleeper you can lose a few hairs in the tail area.  I had never thought of that.  As for me, I used to have really decent brows that needed to get waxed once a month or else they looked like caterpillars.  Now, at 56 and mostly through menopause, my brows don't grow much and have gotten sparce.  I found a good pencil online (cheap) in a really good color match so now it's one more step to do before walking out the door.  (Heavy sigh)  The same brow tech suggested one of those brush-on lash treatments to use on the brows.  I tried it and can honestly say that it MIGHT have helped but can't say for sure.

I've been using NYX brow mascara for years...I use the blonde color (I also colored my hair this morning...used Clairol in the ash blonde)..I was using the light blonde..Too light for me..lol! I look much better...lol! Woman Very Happy

I do sleep on my side..don't think I have thyroid problems..but I am a diabetic! Woman Frustrated

Valued Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Mine have been getting thicker as I get older.  I had been "grooming" (read trimming) them, but person who does my hair told me to leave them alone and she'd do it for me.

They are 90% snow white .... I use Just for Men Mustache dye to color them - but it washes out after a few days - an ongoing job!

Whatever works right??? Woman Wink