Honored Contributor

Re: My decision about red lipstick💋💄👄

[ Edited ]

OT silver hair model proves once again grey is becoming increasingly popular and stunningly beautiful. Never regret my decision no longer color. Recently chose updated flirty pixie style. Credit goes to my new hairstylist. Best I have ever had cut my hair.

Merry Christmas lovestoteach-💖

Honored Contributor

R Re: My decision about red lipstick💋💄👄

I never wear a red lip either. I'm very pale with medium brown hair. The main reason is that I think it accentuates your teeth and mine are not perfectly white. Also it accentuates every flaw in your lips.

But I love the idea of a sheer red, I'm going to try one.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

Re: R Re: My decision about red lipstick💋💄👄

My suggestion is Revlon's Softsilver Red.  Not really a red red, but a dark pink --- unless I wear something in the coral family, then it looks coral.  And matches any color of red (like my really-red leather jacket).  It's kind of a chameleon color.  I've worn it for 40 years and it seems to blend with every color I wear, but isn't too "out there" red for my fair skin and white-ish grey hair.  It has a shiny finish  (not matte) and the color lasts for hours.  

And it's about $7 at your drugstore or supermarket.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

My suggestion is Revlon's Softsilver Red.  Not really a red red, but a dark pink --- unless I wear something in the coral family, then it looks coral.  And matches any color of red (like my really-red leather jacket).  It's kind of a chameleon color.  I've worn it for 40 years and it seems to blend with every color I wear, but isn't too "out there" red for my fair skin and white-ish grey hair.  It has a shiny finish  (not matte) and the color lasts for hours.  

And it's about $7 at your drugstore or supermarket.  

@tototwo

I agree with this shade!  It's lovely.  It's not screaming red but it's somewhat bold in a more refined way.  It does seem to look well with about everything. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@tototwo I'll try the Softsilver. I was looking around online and this one caught my eye. Revlon colorburst lip butter in red velvet.

8_2_9_2_2435620.JPG

Respected Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@Ms tyrion2

This is the original picture of the “older” lady who looks darn good!

I need to post the full picture here in order to find the shade.

0D7A778A-B448-4D65-B8D5-6466C9FD2E9D.jpeg

Still looking and I sent the question to DD also (top picture).

Her shade will be a Younique product.

I will let you know just as soon as I find out.

@LTT1 is this you or DD?  I'm confused.  Wasn't sure what you meant in the OP.  I really like the lip color too.  Any idea what it is?

I have to wonder if her sweater is covering up a case of "turkey neck".  She seems too perfect.  "mature " lady is now code for a senior citizen I suppose ?

Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21-- btw, there's a Softsilver Red and a Softsilver Pink.  Two totally different colors. 

I love the color of that Red Velvet lip butter.  Nice!  Red without being too red.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Suebdoo wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@Ms tyrion2

@LTT1 is this you or DD?  I'm confused.  Wasn't sure what you meant in the OP.  I really like the lip color too.  Any idea what it is?

I have to wonder if her sweater is covering up a case of "turkey neck".  She seems too perfect.  "mature " lady is now code for a senior citizen I suppose ?

Maturity is a state of being. Some never achieve it.

She's lovely.

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@Suebdoo wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@Ms tyrion2

Maturity is a state of being. Some never achieve it.

She's lovely.

@Ms tyrion2, you wouldn't by any chance be referring to people who focus on the possibility of a hidden flaw, would you now? :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I ordered a Colorburst Red Velvet from EBay, will report back👄