Esteemed Contributor

Re: My decision about red lipstick💋💄👄

@TX-starlight wrote:

I had wanted to try red, since I have gone gray, everyone said wear red lipstick. I bought Lipsense Blu-red. It is a pretty TRUE red. I have never worn lipstick until just recently, so it's a bit much for me to get used to,lol.. 

Please be careful wtih Lipsense @TX-starlight. I have a friend who sells this and I didn't really know anything about them but tried one. I didn't read the ingredients before trying it and had no idea it was so loaded with alcohol. Wow, that burned but alcohol is really horrible for the skin, destroying the substances in skin that help to naturally soothe and defend it against visible effects of environmental damage.  It breaks down the surface layers of skin destroying the very substances that keep your skin feeling healthier and looking younger over the long term. It causes the death of skin cells.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Trusted Contributor

I have always wanted to wear red lipstick, I have tried many shades of red and NONE of them are flattering to me.  Each time I've tried one, either my husband, adult daughter, mother or my sisters have always (kindly) mentioned the shade of lipstick I'm wearing is not the best for me. I never thought any of them looked pretty, but just wanted to see how they played out with other people.I have been wearing a sheer wineberry shade for the past year and love it as do others.

NO RED FOR ME! 

Esteemed Contributor

Pretty with both ...

Merry Christmas pretty lady!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Never wear red clothes or lipstick. Instead choose berry shades. Daily basis wear IT jene sais-quio in the shade Rose and IT YLBB lip liner. Might branch out try IT Girl Red! Looks wonderful on Shawn K Merry Christmas.🎄

Trusted Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Ms tyrion2

This is the original picture of the “older” lady who looks darn good!

I need to post the full picture here in order to find the shade.

0D7A778A-B448-4D65-B8D5-6466C9FD2E9D.jpeg

Still looking and I sent the question to DD also (top picture).

Her shade will be a Younique product.

I will let you know just as soon as I find out.

@LTT1 is this you or DD?  I'm confused.  Wasn't sure what you meant in the OP.  I really like the lip color too.  Any idea what it is?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Suebdoo wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@Ms tyrion2

@LTT1 is this you or DD?  I'm confused.  Wasn't sure what you meant in the OP.  I really like the lip color too.  Any idea what it is?

@Suebdoo, I like it too. But I see it as almost more a raspberry or strawberry tone. I guess maybe some blue-based reds are similar to cool-berry shades.

Hey, you, have a wonderful holiday and NY. Heart

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

The photo that makes cringe is that of Miss Manners. Judy or Judith somebody. Maybe it's not the lipstick color but that she's not smiling? Seems so unflattering. 

Honored Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@Ms tyrion2

Top pic is DD wearing a red lipstick from Younique plus lip plumper in a pink shade.

4D9F6EA6-23D9-4066-9AB1-6081D3BD9F92.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Regular Contributor

It Cosmetics Blurred Lines Lipstick in Brave is a beautiful sheer berry-red. I like It Girl as well but that's more of a "I'm wearing red lipstick" red.

Honored Contributor

I used to wear red lipstick a lot years ago, then I got away from it. This time of year I go back to it. I have warm coloring, and I've been wearing a Lipsense color called "Fly Girl." It was made for the flight attendants on Virgin America Airlines. It is the exact cherry red that matches their uniforms! 

@lrshgrl31201 - It was interesting what you said about Lipsense. I've been wearing it a lot. It stays on and doesn't come off at all. I can actually go to eat with friends, wear red lipstick, and take a drink without my lipstick showing up on my drink! I did make sure before I bought it that it was not tested on animals. And all of the ingredients are safe to use on your lips, according to the FDA. I will be seeing my dermatologist next month, and I will definitely ask her about it. But if she tells me to stay away, I'll be heartbroken! Smiley Wink