Esteemed Contributor

My beauty purchases to be mindful of in 2019

I keep a digital photo album of my beauty purchases so I spent this afternoon decluttering old skin care (expired acne OTC stuff and old nail products) and makeup I don't think I'll wear again in 2019.

So then I looked at the online album of what I've gotten rid of in 2018 and the one thing that stands out the most is how many lipsticks I've bought in the last year and how many I've also decluttered as well. I need to be more mindful of buying lipsticks and glosses. I still have enough of them already that I could wear a different one every day and it would take me more than a month to rotate through them all. Most of the purchases and the declutters were drugstore ones. I'm keeping the ones that are unscented like Clinique and Lipstick Queen. I'm also keeping some of the Revlon and a few L'Oreal ones that are also unscented. 

I'm not going to buy any more liquid lipsticks as they don't work for me. They are too drying and look cakey on me. 

So do you have any beauty resolutions for 2019?

Respected Contributor

Re: My beauty purchases to be mindful of in 2019

I plan to use up what I have.  Next is to decrease auto delivery on kits. I am concentrating on rotating products and paying attention to what is working best for me. Also decluttering lip products that I just flat don't use.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Trusted Contributor

@TY Similarly to you, I need to stop buying lip products in 2019. I don't have a lot but it's more than I can finish in a year. I use up 4-5 lipsticks in a year so having over a dozen is more than I'm comfortable with. I also need to stay away from new eyeshadow. I love them but it takes forever to finish. And I tend to buy the same color stories which end up looking the same on my eyes. I think that's why I'm always looking for the next best thing and am disappointed when it turns out to look the same as all the others. I just need to stop and use what I have. We can do it!

Esteemed Contributor

I tend to buy pallettes which have colors I like along with  the ones I don't.

They don't look right on me no matter what the Vendor says

Respected Contributor

I just want to try to use up as much as I can that I already have before I buy anything more. 

I just placed a big order with BBW the day after Christmas during their semi-annual sale so I should be all set on body sprays, lotions and shower gel for the whole year.

For makeup and skincare, I'd like to work on what I have here and only buy replacements for items if I actually run out of something. I want to see how much I can get thru this upcoming year so that next year I can take advantage of the after Christmas sales and stock up on some new goodies at low prices. 

Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

I keep a digital photo album of my beauty purchases so I spent this afternoon decluttering old skin care (expired acne OTC stuff and old nail products) and makeup I don't think I'll wear again in 2019.

So then I looked at the online album of what I've gotten rid of in 2018 and the one thing that stands out the most is how many lipsticks I've bought in the last year and how many I've also decluttered as well. I need to be more mindful of buying lipsticks and glosses. I still have enough of them already that I could wear a different one every day and it would take me more than a month to rotate through them all. Most of the purchases and the declutters were drugstore ones. I'm keeping the ones that are unscented like Clinique and Lipstick Queen. I'm also keeping some of the Revlon and a few L'Oreal ones that are also unscented. 

I'm not going to buy any more liquid lipsticks as they don't work for me. They are too drying and look cakey on me. 

i just rid of  alot of stuff,  keeping all the liquid lippies as they stay on me so much better than anything 

Honored Contributor

Wow-- very impressed with the make -up vid library---I am looking to use most of what I have up this year---have a ton of samples so will sort thru, use what I like and toss the rest. Have one beauty box subscribed to,  so will prob cancel that too----My thing is skincare---horrible addiction--I have ALOT !!!!!

Respected Contributor

I am so iimpressed with your organization skills. Wow.

I plan to use up what I have and stop buying things just because they are on sale.

@TY wrote:

Valued Contributor

only beauty products I buy are beauty counter. If you care what is in your products and how the EWG rates them then you might consider this brand of the brand you now use. just a thought.

Esteemed Contributor

The only product that I will need to purchase this year is Bobbi Brown mascara. I did my declutter and recount in the summer. I love the Doll10 lip products and since they come in sets of 3/4 it can really add up. I'm determined I'm sticking to this one no matter how good the deal sounds.