Honored Contributor

Re: My beauty purchases to be mindful of in 2019

I did a decluttering this past week & sent a small box to Project Beauty Share. It’s expensive to ship across the country but it goes to a worthy cause. 

Some items I will rebuy this year such as brow pencils but I am good with everything else & have been using up what is in my drawers. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Skincare.

But I’ve already found two new products I want to try. I don’t need them, but I want them! 

Honored Contributor

I am going to stop with the lipstick frenzy.  I end up only wearing two out of all the lipsticks I own.  Plus I found a lipstick by Origins that I absolutely love for day wear.  I am going to toss out all the lipsticks that I never use anymore and take it down to my favorite 3.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I don't think I need to spend 50 dollars for face wash from the Q, I'm going to try the Cetaphil face wash at the drug store for under 10 dollars. I'm a lip stick addict so there is no way I'm giving that up, especially any thing new from Urban Decay. I have a lipstick called Annette from julie hewett that's probably 5 years old and will not give it up because I can't replace it. I just received the Doll 10 lip liners and they are fabulous.I do purge my lipsticks if I have not worn them in awhile. Also, I just tried drug store mascara and it's as good IMO as anything the Q has at half the price.

Honored Contributor

Same as many others, want to use the skincare items I have.  Same with shower gels and lotions.  I have many unopened so will try not to buy anything new.  For some reason, Philosophy doesn't tempt me any more, but I do continue to use the products I already own.  Have too many face creams, cleansers, etc. so need to use what I already have and then only replace my very favorites.  Try not to get into any "new" brands as  I have enough to use right here.

Valued Contributor

I have made a vow to not buy any new lipsticks until I use what I have.  It will take me a long time!  I keep searching for the perfect pinky nude color and haven't found it yet, but I have many that look great in combination with another color.  I can see from this thread that many of us have the same lipstick obsession.  Smiley Happy 

Valued Contributor

I am going to use up what I have and then try No. 7 and some other drugstore brands.  I am thinking that the drugstore brands that I have tried are just as good, in most cases, as the high priced, highly hyped brands.  A lot of advertising and promoting products at high end stores and home shopping networks must drive up pricing, I am thinking.

Respected Contributor

I am 68 and I don't remember ever using up a cosmetic like lipstick, blush, eyeshadow or even foundation.  I tire of something and ready for something new.  I am, however, going to keep myself from ordering or buying stuff I don't need anymore.  I guess I have never found those holy grail products that I would use up and repurchase. 

Occasional Contributor

Seems like we are all on the same page. Glad I am not the only one!

Esteemed Contributor

very good idea. I have stopped all of my auto-delivery from Q because I don't need to have a "stock" of these and I wasn't using them up quickly enough. I used to give Philosophy bath stuff as gifts but I'm not particularly happy with them.

I had to box up a bunch of things from my bathroom closet. I put it in another room and since I haven't used much out of it, I am going to donate it and that will be a few less things in my home.

I agree about going the drugstore route. I do not need to buy a mascara for $20 plus shipping!