Honored Contributor

Re: My appointment today with a plastic surgeon....

@maestra wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

I'm so sorry to hear of all of you that feel the need to alter the look of the natural aging process of your face. So sad. Woman Sad 

condescending attitudes are more unattractive than any amount of botox or fillers.

@maestra

ITA with you.  Why the need to rain on someonelse's parade?  SMH.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Sawn

Interesting, informative post.  Please keep us up to date as you move forward.

I know nothing about this, but think your careful planning and implementation seem to be a good way to go.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

Good for you, OP. I've had the fillers (Juvederm) and it looks very natural. It depends upon your injector and the experience they have with injections and the look you want. I look very rested and maybe a few years younger with the Juvederm. There is no 'one' way that people are going to look after Botox or Juvederm. 

Valued Contributor

@winamac1

I had Voluma in the cheeks done a few months ago and I love it. My injector said, and she was right, that the lifting from the Voluma would also improve (some) the look of drooping skin around the mouth. The Voluma is supposed to last about two years (and of course it costs more) but I will do it again when needed. 

Frequent Contributor

@maestra wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

I'm so sorry to hear of all of you that feel the need to alter the look of the natural aging process of your face. So sad. Woman Sad 

condescending attitudes are more unattractive than any amount of botox or fillers.

@maestra 

👍🏼👏🏼 WELL SAID, BRAVO. 

@ID2

dont feel sorry... those of us who choose to do these things sure aren't! We are happy! 😀

Honored Contributor

@Day1128 wrote:

@winamac1

I had Voluma in the cheeks done a few months ago and I love it. My injector said, and she was right, that the lifting from the Voluma would also improve (some) the look of drooping skin around the mouth. The Voluma is supposed to last about two years (and of course it costs more) but I will do it again when needed. 

Thanks!  I may consider that in the next year or so.  What was your price--do you remember as she said it sometimes take 2 syringes.  Thanks! 

Glad you like it!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

I can't stand it when people claim that fillers and "work" is obvious.  It is only obvious when it's done poorly or in excess.  Practically everyone I know has had something done whether it's Botox or fillers.  How would I know this?  They've told me, and I've been surprised every time because I never would have guessed it.

Only when your cheeks get overfilled does anyone notice or comment, but most women aren't getting that volume.  Most physicians don't do that comical, Hollywood style of filler in lips and cheeks.

I agree with most of what you stated. Almost all of my friends get botox--but a lot of us are in sales.  I do have friends who get lip injections, but they are done tastefully.

Now, some of the girls that work at the derm offices I call on look ridiculous--they have way too many lip injections and way too many fillers.  Some of these women are starting to look like freaks.  None of my friends look like freaks--they all get the appropriate amount of botox done or fillers (for the few that are doing fillers too).

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Do you wear lipstick? Color your hair? Mascara? You are just enhancing what you already have. Nothing wrong with that. Nothing wrong with trying to outwit the aging process. God is laughing. I don't think he's angry.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Who @SeaMaiden??

@SilleeMee   Oh I corrected my post.....I was talking about Susan Lucci. I think she is pretty, but just too thin.

Susan Lucci, To my eye is very hard looking. Pretty wouldn't be a word I would use. She is in great shape physically. Back around 69? Used to watch AMC with my GM, Recall SL full beautiful cheeks. Yes SL had full cheeks. Not chipmunk cheeks, Such as many achive using fillers or implants. Barbra Streisand, Ooh gawd! What she did to her face!! Sigh. She always, Proclaimed that she would never! Touch her nose, But why she touched her face? Truly sad. Jewish myself have high cheek bones, great bone structure like Babs. Each to their own. Personally wouldn't, However! Do take care with skin care and sun protection. Quick story, Twin and I turned 58 this past Sept, Carol would bake herself in the sun!! Mean it!! Today people think she's my Mother if they don't know us. She's also very thin I'm kinda plump. So to best advice!! Sunblock and Wide brim SD hat
Honored Contributor

It's a fact...people have fuller everything when young. That's why people put things into there bodies to replace the lost filling, fat or muscle. Wish my butt had more filling.Smiley LOL Could use some more cushioning back there. It actually hurts if I sit too long.Woman SurprisedWoman LOL