Honored Contributor

Re: My appointment today with a plastic surgeon....

Who @SeaMaiden??

Honored Contributor

I hope you get amazing results.  Please continue to update us on your progress.  It's great to hear things from the patient's perspective.

Valued Contributor

Aw, thank you, Chrystaltree! I really appreciate this board, there are so many nice, supportive women here Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I think she would frankly look more soft and feminine if she put on 20 pounds.  She has no body fat and it makes her look emancipated.... I would bet she being so thin and so small in stature that she has bone loss.

I think she has a killer body and a still very pretty face. @SilleeMee, she's referring to Susan Lucci.

I certainly don't think she looks "emancipated." Funny typo, though. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

Good for you!  You don't need to justify the cost.  I'm going to have a tummy tuck because I have recti diastasis (I never heard of it either) but have to lose 8 more lb.  Already lost about 10 -11 lbs since March and wear a size 6 pant.  Was told to need to lose some abdominal fact in order to fix my muscles.  I'm 69 and look at least 6 months pregnant.  I can't stand the look or feel of my abdomen.  Insurance will not pay because they say it's cosmetic surgery.  A tummy tuck is the only way to fix it -- the surgeon will also take care of my small hernia.  It's a lot of money, but I've had this problem for several years.   Just one less trip to Europe for my husband and I. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Who @SeaMaiden??

@SilleeMee   Oh I corrected my post.....I was talking about Susan Lucci. I think she is pretty, but just too thin.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I think she would frankly look more soft and feminine if she put on 20 pounds.  She has no body fat and it makes her look emancipated.... I would bet she being so thin and so small in stature that she has bone loss.

I think she has a killer body and a still very pretty face. @SilleeMee, she's referring to Susan Lucci.

I certainly don't think she looks "emancipated." Funny typo, though. :-)

@suzyQ3   Yes I had a chuckle with that! I corrected my post.  Smiley Happy. Yes, she is pretty.

Honored Contributor

I get botox every 5 or 6 months in the # 11 area.  I have few lines and wrinkles, but I don't want that 11 line.  

I have seen too many women with a ridiculous amount of lip injections.  God blessed me with great lips--THANK YOU, lol.

I've heard lip injections HURT though.

I have read about Voluma in the cheeks and may do that in the next year. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@Sawn  I, too wish you the best! I'm thinking about talking to my derm about a referral for the area between my brows. I don't have an "11", bit I have a big ole "1" up there. Please let us know how things go for you! 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I hope you get amazing results.  Please continue to update us on your progress.  It's great to hear things from the patient's perspective.

I agree. I hope that the OP gets amazing results.

One thing, though, that surprises me on this forum is that I have seen some negative posts about women who wear makeup. Yet, plastic surgery seems to be accepted. Just something I have noticed here and not sure why...