Valued Contributor

Re: My appointment today with a plastic surgeon....

Lol @SilleeMee. If I could only take the post-menopausal stomach flab I have and fill out my face it would be a wonderful thing! Haven't lost my butt yet, but I know that's coming. On another note, I don't think I remembered to mention that the PS said to use sunblock everyday, 30 spf in the Winter and 50 in the Summer. Otherwise, she said, all the $ you spend is a waste. Also wants me to start using a retinol at night. I was surprised about the 50 spf, because I always was told that anything higher than 30 is a waste of $.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sawn,

About tummy fat...you know they can lipo it out and put it syringes then inject it wherever. This has been done with much success because it does not induce the body to react to your own fat.  My post-meno deflated butt could use some of this kind of filling. Problem is, I don't have anywhere they could get it! I'm too small and on the thin side. Whaaah!!Woman LOL

About that sunblock...I was told the same thing about the higher-than-30.spf. I believe the important thing to do is WEAR IT and apply it liberally, correctly.  And remember that while you are in direct sunlight, your spf protection will degrade after two hours, so re-apply.  While indoors, it's good to go all day and no re-application needed. I wear spf 70 year-round and always wear my hat if I'm outside under cloudy skies or not. Oh I'm sorry...probably sound like a lecture...yikes. Woman Embarassed

Retinol is the best thing you could put on your skin, second to spf. Please start with a low % to avoid sensitivity. Your doc can help with choosing. In a nutshell retinol stimulates new skin cells and helps fade dark spots. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

It's a fact...people have fuller everything when young. That's why people put things into there bodies to replace the lost filling, fat or muscle. Wish my butt had more filling.Smiley LOL Could use some more cushioning back there. It actually hurts if I sit too long.Woman SurprisedWoman LOL

What a joke, @SilleeMee: I spent all my life reducing it and thought it would never go. I never thought I would be wishing I had more. Life plays some funny tricks on ya! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I was amazed: my Dental Office offers Botox and Fillers.

Valued Contributor

Had my upper eye lids done along with chin and neck lipo three weeks ago. My eyes look great, my neck I am not completely happy with, but she says it will take up to 4 months to see the results.

I also get botox and juvederm, there isn't anything topical that will give the results that procedures will give no matter how much they tell us it will.