Honored Contributor

My Uneven Brow Problem - Found a couple of brow products!

I recently started a topic about my wonky eye brows!  One brow is a lot lighter and a lot skimpier than the other one, which is real issue when trying to get them to look like they are even half-ways related to each other!  So, I have been on a quest trying out a bunch of different products.  

I found 2 products which I am fairly happy with!  Are they perfect?  No!  But then again, it's probably me because I do not speak fluent brow talk!  LOL!

I just wanted to share what I found.  

My No. 1 pick as of now is: L'Oreall Brow Stylist Definer.  It is a softish pencil with a grooming brush on the other end.  The color I chose was 385 - Light Blonde.  When I opened the package I thought --- oh, no --- this is just too light, but once I started applying, I discovered that it is about right.  What's good about it is, the tip is very small and it's easy to manipulate and you can make small strokes and go over the areas that are questionable several times.  My other brow, which is much fuller and darker, I just went over lightly, especially the areas that had some gray hairs!

My No. 2 pick is:  Maybelline Brow Extensions.  It is more of a waxy, crayon type pencil with a broader tip.  It has fibers in it to make the brows look fuller.  The color I got was 248 - Light Blonde.  I think this one might have more coverage to it, so I used a lighter hand.

I'm not saying that I am completely 100% satisfied with either, but for now, it's the best I have found.  I will keep looking!  And I have decided that I am not going to go for tinting for the forseeable future as this just didn't seem to even both brows out to look like they matched!

Thanks, everyone, for all your tips and help! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Re: My Uneven Brow Problem - Found a couple of brow products!

@AngelPuppy1 I get my brows tinted every 4 weeks when I get my hair colored.  My stylist does it for free.  Within two weeks, it has faded quite a bit.  Brow hair can be stubborn concerning taking color.  If she didn't do it for free, I wouldn't pay to have it done, because it lasts no time at all.

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

I found out about L'Oreal Brow Stylist Definer on this board about 2 years ago.  It works on my crazy one eyebrow so it looks like it is related to the other one !

It is easy to apply.  My brow color is black....if I see it at CVS, I always pick up an extra ( in case they decide to discontinue another of my favorite products ! ).

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Valued Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

Hi ! Glad you found a few products that are working . I subscribe to Elise Marquam Jahns Youtube channel . She is an over 60 professional makeup artist . She posted a great video yesterday called "Best way to coverup white & grey eyebrow hairs " It is a wonderful video that talks about  different brow issues and also a few product recommendations and applications . Have a great day !

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg 

That's nice your stylist does it for free!  And you're right -- the color on brows does not seem to last!  

Honored Contributor

@jlkz 

Glad it works for you!  Yes, I just ordered another one also.  Usually when I like something it always gets discontinued!

Honored Contributor

@marmarbrooklyn 

Thank you!  That sounds like a great Youtube channel!

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1   You should try another salon for tinting brows.  A professional will know how long each brow should keep the tint on.  Discuss your problem with her beforehand.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

I have discussed this with her a couple times and she seemed to understand.  Then, the brows come out the same --- my one brow darker than the other.  And then she says -- well, we'll just use product -- pencil or whatever and even it out!  You can do that, too!  Well, that's not why I wanted to have my brows tinted!  I wanted them to be groomed a bit and darkened a bit and to look as equal as possible!  So, I didn't have to worry about it myself!  I told her explicitly that I am not good with brows at all!  I live in a very small town and this the only place I felt was good to go to.  We have quite a few little hair styling places but I didn't know how qualified they would be to do brows.