Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Terrible Skinn Experience With DermAppeal

On 3/8/2015 suzyQ3 said:

I don't know about his sister or anything, but it must have been at least a year ago that I tried to get answer from the company about where the eyeshadow palettes were manufactured. No one ever was available. I finally had to call the corporate office, and they were even pretty clueless.

All the eye shadow palettes I have received in Skinn kits, say on the box packaging, made in PRC--Peoples Republic of China. Dimitri has mentioned several times on air, that his company does not have the machines to make the pressed makeup items.

Honored Contributor

On 3/8/2015 sommertime said:
On 3/8/2015 suzyQ3 said:

I don't know about his sister or anything, but it must have been at least a year ago that I tried to get answer from the company about where the eyeshadow palettes were manufactured. No one ever was available. I finally had to call the corporate office, and they were even pretty clueless.

All the eye shadow palettes I have received in Skinn kits, say on the box packaging, made in PRC--Peoples Republic of China. Dimitri has mentioned several times on air, that his company does not have the machines to make the pressed makeup items.

I'm talking about some time ago when I bought my first luxe shadow palette. It's called Luxe III. It does NOT have the PRC on it; it had an address in Belgium and the corporate address in Torrance, California.

Yes, the other three that I purchased later have PRC on the label.

Oddly enough, when I finally did get an answer from corporate back then, it was apparently the wrong answer. They told me it was Taiwan.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

On 3/8/2015 aprilskies said:

I think you should call CS back or write them an email. Maybe you will get a different person. The response you received is unacceptable. I can't imagine Dimitri doesn't know about his CS. Management is usually the one to set the tone.

I agree -- contact them again. And this time, demand a refund for defective product (certainly for the jars you bought directly from Skinn). I'm not sure if there is any way to reach Dimitri directly other than Facebook, but you can probably write to him directly at the company address.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/8/2015 willdob3 said:
On 3/8/2015 luvtoshopathome said:
On 3/8/2015 KathyPet said: Did they offer to refund you for the jars they told you to,throw or give away??.
NO, there was no refund offered, I said to her now what am I supposed to do with the jars I have not used and she just said throw them away or give them to someone. I also called SHOPHQ about the experience and they told me that they were going to report the problem but I never heard back. I am not blaming Dimitri himself, as I stated when his sister used to answer his calls she was very hospitable and would always try to help and offer her advice. It's a shame how CS has changed and not for the better.

SKINN would not be the one to offer a refund, ShopHQ would be since the product was purchased through them. I'd ask for one but I don't know if they would give a refund after 30 days. I do think they should because of the circumstances.

What a scary thing to have happen! It does sound more like a defective batch than an allergic reaction. It sounds like the DermAppeal was purchased prior to the change in formula. If it was right after, then it could very well be one of the new ingredients.

I did order 2 from Skinn, the others came in kits with the cleansers from ShopHQ. No matter where I purchased them from CS should have asked me for codes on the jars or told me to send them back so they could analyze what might have been wrong. I told the rep that I would send them back but she said not to.
Trusted Contributor

On 3/8/2015 sueinsf said:

I think you should call CS back or write them an email. Maybe you will get a different person. The response you received is unacceptable. I can't imagine Dimitri doesn't know about his CS. Management is usually the one to set the tone.

I agree -- contact them again. And this time, demand a refund for defective product (certainly for the jars you bought directly from Skinn). I'm not sure if there is any way to reach Dimitri directly other than Facebook, but you can probably write to him directly at the company address.

I thought of writing to him directly but I'm sure CS gets his mail at the office, and if they read about my experience with CS, he would never see it. He's probably not in the office that much anyway since he's either in the lab and he always mentioned how tired he was traveling back and forth to Australia and then on to Minnesota. Maybe I should go on my sister's Facebook and leave him a message. Can someone tell me how I find him on Facebook? Thanks to all of you for your responses, i really appreciate it.
Honored Contributor

On 3/8/2015 luvtoshopathome said:
On 3/8/2015 sueinsf said:

I thought of writing to him directly but I'm sure CS gets his mail at the office, and if they read about my experience with CS, he would never see it. He's probably not in the office that much anyway since he's either in the lab and he always mentioned how tired he was traveling back and forth to Australia and then on to Minnesota. Maybe I should go on my sister's Facebook and leave him a message. Can someone tell me how I find him on Facebook? Thanks to all of you for your responses, i really appreciate it.

Skinn cosmetics is no different than any other cosmetics company. If the customer service is lacking, it's a reflection on the company itself. I know that DJ is charismatic and charming, but the buck stops with him.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
New Contributor

Had this same bad experience with Skinn on Friday. CS is very curt and concerned about returning products to Evine. Ordered three pc. Am/Pm cleansers and lipid oil. Opened box and there was a thick slimy yellow substance on the inside box, on the cleanser and the blue paper they put inside box. I returned to Evine but called Skinn also. They never answer but after a day Donna called me back. She seemed in a hurry and could hardly wait for me to explain what happened. Just get to the point and let's get this over with. She kept repeating NOT to return to Evine. Told her I already did and she seemed annoyed. Sending me a replacement but said to call them when something is broken, things concerning my issue,etc. but not to send back to Evine. I think since Demetri has become so popular they don't want returns to Evine as it shows dissatisfaction with product and doesn't look good for them. I also have been with Demetri since Parthena and his partner Franchesca. He is beginning to turn me off with his comments about buying five and six of his todays top value. Also his products are changing and his CS is terrible.

Trusted Contributor

My two cents - I too had a problem with Skinn in general but not as to reaction to product although I cannot and will not use the new stem rejen elite due to skin reaction. But many broken pumps, missing items, and about 3 orders I placed were cancelled due to overselling. First I called Evine/Shop and reported it. Then I emailed the vendor - Skinn. When I didn't receive a response, I kept on and threatened to file a complaint with the BBB. Guess what happened - I got a very quick response and a credit directly from Skinn. The only way to get through to anyone is if they think you will hurt their reputation. I have many Skinn products at home; love some, hate some. I will use up what I have but I have since moved on to Isomers and am going to give that a good try. Isomers CS is outstanding! I have also tried Michael Marcus and let me tell you the cleanser is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not even kidding. His cleanser is the bomb - much better than Skinn's. That is a must have for me now.

Occasional Contributor

I used the Stem Rejen Elite and had a burning reaction. Not impressed with a lot of his stuff. I do like his Crème Reverse for eyes. Love it's consistency. Hopefully it will actually work.

Honored Contributor

I have to use this product lightly on my skin and not often. I have not had it burn.

You should write him on his Facebook!!! He always replies to me.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller