Trusted Contributor

Re: My Terrible Skinn Experience With DermAppeal

On 3/8/2015 MarieIG said:
On 3/8/2015 luvtoshopathome said:
On 3/8/2015 MarieIG said:

It sounds as if something has changed with the formula, or they came from a bad batch.

Did you order from Skinn directly or from a third party? If it was from a third party, I understand them not refunding your money, you should contact the vendor, i.e. ShopHQ.

However, they certainly should want to know about which lot number or batch caused the bad reaction.

I ordered 2 of them from Skinn and a couple came in his kits from SHOPHQ. I loved that product and never wanted to be without it. What bothered me with CS the most is that they were not interested in receiving them back to see what was wrong with them or she never asked for any codes or other information from those jars. Also as I stated in a previous post, I did contact SHOPHQ and they told me they were going to make a report but I never heard back from anyone.

Well that is lousy customer service from both places then.

Yes, I would think that Skinn would take the two back you bought from them to examine the product. Isomers has asked me to return bottles in the past, that I bought from ShopNBC. (BTW, they sent me new ones.)

I never ordered anything from Isomers before but someone told me that her cleansers were very good and not harsh so I just ordered them. I will check the ingredients and test it on a small part of my face to see if it works. I like to use all natural products but I find that where cleansers are concerned, you don't get that deep cleaning that is needed to remove makeup.
Respected Contributor

Are you saying they wouldn't refund your money if you sent the unused portions back? I would never buy anything from a company like this.

Super Contributor

On 3/8/2015 KathyPet said: Did they offer to refund you for the jars they told you to,throw or give away??.
NO, there was no refund offered, I said to her now what am I supposed to do with the jars I have not used and she just said throw them away or give them to someone. I also called SHOPHQ about the experience and they told me that they were going to report the problem but I never heard back. I am not blaming Dimitri himself, as I stated when his sister used to answer his calls she was very hospitable and would always try to help and offer her advice. It's a shame how CS has changed and not for the better.

luvtoshopathome, I just saw your post, and I'm truly sorry for your experience with Skinn

products/CS, but sadly, poor CS is the new norm. I can only hope the Q doesn't stoop to this level. I have NEVER had poor CS from the Q. DermAppeal has always been harsh for my skin.

Also, dumbing down the ingredient deck is happening as well.

Honored Contributor

There's nothing like a bad C.S. experience to sour you on a line. I had that happen with Elysee, who does make good products, but when it happened to me I just moved on. Skinn is too highly fragranced for me, but I do like some of his cosmetics. And he always downplays those, like an afterthought in a kit.

Honored Contributor

On 3/8/2015 KathyPet said: Did they offer to refund you for the jars they told you to,throw or give away??.
NO, there was no refund offered, I said to her now what am I supposed to do with the jars I have not used and she just said throw them away or give them to someone. I also called SHOPHQ about the experience and they told me that they were going to report the problem but I never heard back. I am not blaming Dimitri himself, as I stated when his sister used to answer his calls she was very hospitable and would always try to help and offer her advice. It's a shame how CS has changed and not for the better.

SKINN would not be the one to offer a refund, ShopHQ would be since the product was purchased through them. I'd ask for one but I don't know if they would give a refund after 30 days. I do think they should because of the circumstances.

What a scary thing to have happen! It does sound more like a defective batch than an allergic reaction. It sounds like the DermAppeal was purchased prior to the change in formula. If it was right after, then it could very well be one of the new ingredients.

Valued Contributor

They always say stock up! Maybe it is not such a good idea !
Honored Contributor

On 3/8/2015 Persephonel said: They always say stock up! Maybe it is not such a good idea !

Oh, that is just a sales pitch. Stocking up is generally a bad idea, IMO.

There is always a newer improved product about to come out & always a better deal right around the corner. I don't care if the product has a long shelf life. I'd rather not test that out.

Honored Contributor

I don't know about his sister or anything, but it must have been at least a year ago that I tried to get answer from the company about where the eyeshadow palettes were manufactured. No one ever was available. I finally had to call the corporate office, and they were even pretty clueless.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

I never stock up, given the fact Skinns jars are plastic, I think that is a terrible idea. So sorry about your experience, I would call Evine and demand my money back and tell them if they dont honor that idea you are gone as a customer and will spread it all over the boards what rotten cus service they have

Respected Contributor

Yes, what a terrible experience. Sounds like a bad batch since these were jars you have had for awhile. Over a year or 2 ago, I received a 4 oz jar that didn't look right and was oozing out the top even though the jar was closed. It took me a while to realize it and then called Skinn CS. I received a new jar right away except with the same problem. It was a head scratcher for me. So, I decided to use it on my feet, however, just recently I finally tossed it. I decided that I am not going to risk using it, even on my feet. Since then, I have received a 2 oz jar in a kit and it is fine. I do like this product but won't be repurchasing going forward. Lately, there seems to be too many Skinn issues, whereas they didn't really exist before.

I think you should call CS back or write them an email. Maybe you will get a different person. The response you received is unacceptable. I can't imagine Dimitri doesn't know about his CS. Management is usually the one to set the tone.