Regular Contributor

Re: My SPRAY Lotion Experience.....Funny or NOT!?!?

susandee - Oh my...sorry that happened to you! That's one thing you have to watch w/those spray lotions. They are VERY SLICK! A month or so ago, I bought a can of the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Spray Lotion. The warning about it making surfaces slick is on the back of the can, and I'm so glad I took time to read it. If I hadn't, I probably would've had an incident like you did. I was standing on a bath rug the 1st time I used it and some of it got on the floor next to the rug. It was very slippery, so I started sitting on the bed(w/a towel underneath me) to put it on. I really like the palmer's version. It smells heavenly(cocoa and shea butter) and it helped to lighten some marks I had on my forearm. I was also using the regular pump lotion, but this is a nice one to have in the rotation. Only thing I didn't like was that it didn't seem to last long. I only had it about a month before it ran out. Not sure if I want to keep dropping $5 & change for that. I've yet to go back for another.

That Vaseline Spray lotion commercial cracks me up. Those lotions absorb fast...but not THAT fast! I agree w/the previous poster who said those lotions would be good for Summertime. They really DO spray out cold! Good luck if you decide to get another can!

Super Contributor

Sorry you got hurt! Your story did make me smile, though, because I'm about as ungraceful as it comes and do things like that.

I've used the spray sunscreen stuff and learned to use it OUTDOORS only because it slimes up everything near me while I'm applying it. The lotion sounds just as bad--but can't be used outdoors because you use it before getting dressed.

Honored Contributor

Got 3 very good reviews on Drugstore.com.