Respected Contributor

My Review on the latest Josie Maran TSV

I used it for the first time today, love it. I ordered light at the midnight presentation although I didn't see much of the presentation so I recorded a presentation later in the day. After watching that one and seeing all the models with each color on I changed my order to light/medium which is perfect for my light complexion.

When I saw the model with light on, very light blond hair, almost porcelain complexion I knew that wasn't the color for me.

I do have light in the last Doll 10 TSV which is a perfect color and I love that foundation too BUT after using this, I must admit my face does look nicer, not dull or dry.

I put the milk oil on first, very very nice product, not greasy as I was expecting than using her brush(not the best brush) I dotted some foundation all over my face, doesn't take much so go easy, than I blended in circular strokes as she suggested. This looks and feels perfect and so very natural looking.

She says it is a medium to full coverage, isn't, would say more medium but probably could build?

I used the lip gloss, really nice natural neutral shade but with just a hint of pink, very nice. I don't know how long the lip gloss will last, just put it on at 6 PM and is now 10:00 PM but the foundation    is still looking perfect, really a nice one.

I will most likely either use my IT double ended brush or one of my Real Techniques, either the expert face brush or the stippling brush although some reviews say they prefer a sponge. I do have the Trish M sponge from HSN which I love and use that with my Doll 10 foundation so will experiment with brushes and sponge but so far just using her brush that comes with each shipment is okay, not the best but okay.

The only things I use in Josie Maran's line is her compact blush and compact bronzer which I like but I love this foundation.

I will get the Sept. shipment of Doll10 but than may cancel and stick with this JM since I got this on AD just in case I love it which I totally do.

I thought maybe being oil I would look greasy or shiny, no way, just a nice soft sort of natural glow but not at all greasy or shiny.

This is I think $45 on it's own so $59 for the whole TSV kit was a good price.

I will  use the bottle of argon oil on my hands, feet and elbows before going to bed since I am not that sure about putting the oil on my face but it won't go to waste.

She said to put the milk on than the argon oil over that, think it is enough with just the milk than the foundation since that has the argon oil in it so, argon oil bottle will go for feet, elbows and hands at bedtime.

I will be anxious to read others reviews on this JM TSV.

BTW, I have dry mature skin and get light in every other foundation but for some reason this light/medium is perfect for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Review on the latest Josie Maran TSV

Mine is coming tomorrow.  I will post after I use it as well.  I use all of Jose products.  Don't be afraid of the oil.  Seriously it absorbs in.  If you don't want it during the day apply at night and use on your neck at night also.   I ordered medium.  Glad to see your review! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

yes, am glad I recorded another one of her shows where they showed a different model with the colors on, made it a whole lot easier to pick a color so than I had to change my original order, glad I did. This color is perfect, perfect match even though I use light in everything else I have had.

I really thought the Doll10 was going to be my last foundation purchase but never having tried one of Josie's I took a chance since I do use her blush and bronzer and like both of them.

As I said, I was leery about something called oil foundation, thought I would look greasy and shiny but I don't, not at all.

I ordered and use the Paula B last TSV as my night time regiment so is why I used the milk product in JM kit as my daytime product under her newer foundation, worked great.

I do really like the Paula B last TSV a lot as my night time regiment.

thanks, will try the oil on my neck now too and maybe try it over the milk and see if there is a difference.

I think you will like this foundation, I sure do. After my September AD of the Doll10 I am going to cancel Dec AD and just use this JM TSV since I got that on AD as well than I will have time to make sure since I do also like the concealer in the Doll10 TSV as well as the blush and mascara so, if I still love this JM TSV as much as I do right now I may cancel my AD on the Doll 10 TSV after the September shipment and just stay with Josie's but than maybe I will  still get the spring one, Doll,  will have to wait and see after using both for awhile.

I really really do like this foundation a lot. I will use less today/tomorrow  for most of you but I am a night owl since we don't go to bed before 8 AM in the morning, later if I have to do yard work.

edited to add, It isn't JM blush and bronzer I have it is Tarte.

Honored Contributor

I'm glad it worked for you and everyone who loves it. 

For me -- not at all.  My complexion is very similar to QVC host Leah Williams (as a frame of reference), I may be a little lighter than her.  I ordered the Tan and that foundation was horrible on me.  The Tan has a lot of cool/pink undertones.  I expected it to have more golden/warm undertones.  This Tan is pink/taupe on the skin.  I looked awful. That's just my experience with it.

Honored Contributor

I got a sample of this foundation.  I found the coverage medium--at best.  It also was very dewy--anyone oily couldn't wear it.   I wanted SPF in the foundation.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

Glad to hear those who liked it. I ordered the medium and found it to be very light, much lighter than the shade card that came with the kit. I would not call it full coverage make-up. Very greasy consistency. Lip gloss is terrible! Dry and virtually colorless.

Did like the milk and argan oil. Brush is nothing special. Cancelled my auto delivery and sent the kit back in yesterday's mail. Not a good value for me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered the fair, as I always do in foundations.  Most on QVC are too dark for me in the lightest shade, but this one is almost white.  I look like a ghost with it on, but I do like the other 3 elements in this so will probably keep it and use the foundation as a highlighter.  

In the dead of winter it might be ok, but I didn't think there was a foundation too light for my very fair skin until this one.  The texture is lovely too.  Brush iffy, seems poor quality compared to my It ones.

Frequent Contributor

I expect my order today. I ordered light and hope it is not too light. After reading some of these reviews I wonder. Will find out soon enough. I am old and my combo skin has changed to dry. I am light in other foundation formulas.

Trusted Contributor

I received my TSV yesterday and am wearing the foundation today.  I purchased the medium, although I was hesitant as I am a golden-olive undertone and her medium shade of this foundation in Adventurous would've been a better match.  This medium (Juicy) is described as having a red-golden undertone which is actually a very good match.  I feared it may have been 'pink' in undertone but it is actually yellow/neutral in my opinion. The shade is definitely rich enough, not too light which was another concern. 

The brush was 'OK', nothing special.  I used it but would probably use a different one of my own.

The lipgloss is a VERY sheer, nude pinky-mauve - pretty as I like a natural look.  A nice balance to the fuller coverage of the foundation, which really is very natural looking for being fuller.  I normally wear a sheerer foundation. 

I am already a user of the milk and the oil so nothing new here, just a great value.  So far so good - but a few days of wear will be the determination.   Overall, definitely pretty.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I already use the JM milk and the oil, so great purchase for me. The lip gloss was just OK, seemed a little dry (like Borghese lippies the most).  I ordered the new foundation in "fair" and applied it over the milk.  Dotted it on and then blended with non latex wedge.  I have pale combo mature skin.  I only use IT cosmetic brushes, they have spoiled me forever. The JM brush was bent (bristles) and just looked sad. Tomorrow, I will use my Smashbox primer to get a little more "slip". Today, with the HOT weather, dusted over my face with Smashbox Halo powder.

Added:  second day with the foundation:  NOT for me.  I don't like the consistency.  Will pass this along to someone else in the family.  Just can't get it to work for me.  

With Josie, the items I like, I really like (milk and oil), however, I don't use the entire line.  

P.S. make up adventurers, the best little travel set is on HSN by Smashbox; used this all summer.  Problem there is, the shades are targeted for the lighter end of the spectrum. I use "fair". Oil free primer, BB cream, and Halo. 

Smashbox Try It Kit BB Cream, Halo & Photo Finish Fair