Honored Contributor

My Review of L'Oreal Age Perfect Tinted Balm Foundation

I knew this was going to be lighter coverage but from what I had seen, it could be built up.  I bought the Medium 10 shade which was described as having a neutral undertone.  I had to order it because no store in my area had this product in stock. 

It arrived and I opened the jar and my initial reaction was that there was no way I was going to be able to use this.  It looked completely orange in the jar.  I was mad that this was described as having a neutral undertone but I decided to give this a try.

To my surprise, it applied on the skin much lighter than it looked in the jar and it wasn't orange on my skin.  The first day I wore it I applied it with the IT Cosmetics Heavenly Luxe Complexion Brush.  The coverage was very light and my skin felt oily immediately.  I was in a hurry so I had to make this work and get out the door.  As the day went on my face felt more greasy and just gross.  I was thinking this foundation was a no go for me.

Yesterday I decided to give it another try.  I used the same brush to apply it but I applied a little more using a dampened beauty blender sponge.  That added better coverage but it wasn't heavy or cakey and it took down the greasiness/oiliness I had when I used this the first time.  I did set it with a loose powder.  I wore it throughout my entire workday and to dinner.  It was on my face from 7 a.m until 9 p.m.  It had started to wear off a little but I'm not sure I should expect a balm foundation to last 14 hours. 

I have it on again today and applied it the same way.  It's nearly 5 and so far so good.  However, I don't think this is a product I would purchase again.  There is something about it I just don't care for and I doubt this is anything I would wear in the heat of the summer.  I have skin that is normal to dry.  I'm not sure anyone with oily skin is going to like this or have good results.  I would think it would require a mattifying primer but I'm not sure how long this would last before it would start to break down.    

If anyone has tried this, what were your results?

Trusted Contributor

Re: My Review of L'Oreal Age Perfect Tinted Balm Foundation

I haven't tried that one yet. I have dry combo skin (dry-winter, combo-summer) and have tried the LOreal visible lift. It's much darker in the bottle than it applies.
Did you use a primer? I haven't tried mine yet with a brush, just the damp blender. I have several IT brushes but it's been so many years since I've bought foundation I've no idea which one was used for what

So far nothing I've done will keep my makeup looking fresh past a few hours. I've never tried a makeup that was described as a balm.
What is your skin type? What foundation have you had the best luck with? I ask because I'm starting to try new foundations after a LONG time of not wearing any. After the initial crush in the morning with how a new one looks, midday it's like, why bother if it only lasts a couple hours then yuck!
Thanks for the review. I'm definitely taking notes from this board 👍
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  @Midmod    Most "foundations" I've seen that call themselves tints or balms will have more moisturizing properties and less coverage. They do work best with a damp sponge, but that will also decrease coverage since the sponge absorbs a lot of the product. 

I personally think if trying these balms/tints, you'd need to add concealer where necessary and also lightly powder wherever you would naturally get shiny during the day. 

Respected Contributor

I was just about to start a new message that I ordered this yesterday.   I ordered the fair 10, the lightest shade since I'm very fair.  I've read several reviews from various sites.  Some did say some shades are orangey and some also said its luminous.   I wanted something light, maybe for just a casual day, and the fair 10 looked good, no orange.   My drug stores didn't have any, so it's coming from Amazon and can be returned.   Wanted to try something cheaper since I have more expensive foundations close to $50 and honestly not too pleased with them.  Another ill mention from drug store that I'm liking is the Maybelline Dream Urban spf 50, pretty good, and nice price.   I'll let you all know how I like it when it comes.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus , glad you mentioned about the hydration, that's exactly what I want.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Midmod wrote:
I haven't tried that one yet. I have dry combo skin (dry-winter, combo-summer) and have tried the LOreal visible lift. It's much darker in the bottle than it applies.
Did you use a primer? I haven't tried mine yet with a brush, just the damp blender. I have several IT brushes but it's been so many years since I've bought foundation I've no idea which one was used for what

So far nothing I've done will keep my makeup looking fresh past a few hours. I've never tried a makeup that was described as a balm.
What is your skin type? What foundation have you had the best luck with? I ask because I'm starting to try new foundations after a LONG time of not wearing any. After the initial crush in the morning with how a new one looks, midday it's like, why bother if it only lasts a couple hours then yuck!
Thanks for the review. I'm definitely taking notes from this board 👍

@Midmod , my skin is normal leaning towards dry.  However, I can get an oily chin and forehead.  But I can also get super dry patches on my skin if I'm not hydrated enough.  

I do not typically use a primer.  I've always been of the opinion that if my foundation isn't working, I need to find a different foundation.  I do own a primer but it is a glowy primer so definitely not one I'd want to pair with this balm foundation.  This may do better with a mattifying primer but I don't want to buy one just for this foundation.

I use and love the Revlon Candid foundation.  I use the original one, not the glow version.  I have gone through numerous tubes of this.  It's on the light to medium side of coverage and lasts all day.  I apply this with a damp beauty sponge.

I also really like the Flower Beauty Light Illusion foundation. 

@Dazlin , if you open the jar and the foundation looks orange, give it a try anyhow and see what you think.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva , Amazon is saying it won't be delivered until may 2nd.  If I find before, I'll cancel the order.  I would love to see it in person, so ill continue to check locally.   Problem is, time...I dont get much.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva , I got the loreal tinted balm today.  Yes, it does look somewhat orange tinted in the jar, but I tried a little on the back of my hand and the color looked good, no orange.  Tomorrow I'll use on my face.

Respected Contributor

I used it today, it's definitely a bit orange, but not really noticeable on my face.  However I'd prefer it didn't have that orange tint...I think its weird and don't know why they did that.  Coverage was good, and application went on easy.  I just used my fingers.  Idk if I'll purchase again, unless they stay true to the color without the orange tint.

Many reviews on Amazon complained about the darker shades being way too orange.   Mine is the fair 10, the lightest. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Dazlin wrote:

I used it today, it's definitely a bit orange, but not really noticeable on my face.  However I'd prefer it didn't have that orange tint...I think its weird and don't know why they did that.  Coverage was good, and application went on easy.  I just used my fingers.  Idk if I'll purchase again, unless they stay true to the color without the orange tint.

Many reviews on Amazon complained about the darker shades being way too orange.   Mine is the fair 10, the lightest. 

@Dazlin I won't buy it again either.  Mine is medium 10.  I can get it to work by using a setting powder and I find I like it much better applied with a damp sponge.  I cannot believe all the shades are described as having a neutral undertone.

I have seen so many raves about this product and I don't really get it mostly because of the colors.  Many had this same issue with the L'Oreal Paradise Tinted Moisturizer.