Honored Contributor

Re: My Perfect Eye Makeup - Finally!!

@beach-mom 

Usually he tells me --- don't me putting that stuff on your eyes and all -- you look better without!  No -- I definitely don't!  So, when I put my products on for us to go on our little outing, I don't think he realized what was different - only that I looked - in his words "pretty." 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@kathie66 

Thank you!  That was the best part.  I was concerned about the staying power out in the heat. I debated on using a creme shadow, a powder, etc., and also worried about the liner and mascara.  I don't like to use waterproof things as a rule because they seem harder to get off.  A successful endeavor after so many failures!  And another positve -- none of the products are expensive!  

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Shanus 

Thanks!  Now I am afraid they will stop making these products --- as is usually the case when I find things I really like!  

@AngelPuppy1   I'm fairly sure, if discontinued, there will be other similar liners, shadows or mascara. Being concerned about it or stocking up on these products may take the enjoyment out of the "perfect plan" you've managed to find. 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

Thank you!!! I had read so much conflicting advice about black liner when getting older.  Some said it's okay and others said --- definitely not.  I was really confused!  I bought the brown eyeliner and I also bought a dark gray one because I had also found this Clinique chubby stick in a kind of purple like color for shadow and I thought about combining these 2.  I was wearing an outfit which had creams and tans and peaches in it and I thought the browns and golds in the eye makeup would all tie in better!  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I know it would not be good to stock up as the products would go bad eventually.  I am mostly concerned about the eye shadow, as I just adore the formula, as well as the color!  And the fact that it is hypoallergenic, is just perfect for me.  I have spent months and months trying to find these products!!!  And spent quite as lot of money as well.... 

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Katcat1 

Thank you!!! I had read so much conflicting advice about black liner when getting older.  Some said it's okay and others said --- definitely not.  I was really confused!  I bought the brown eyeliner and I also bought a dark gray one because I had also found this Clinique chubby stick in a kind of purple like color for shadow and I thought about combining these 2.  I was wearing an outfit which had creams and tans and peaches in it and I thought the browns and golds in the eye makeup would all tie in better!  

@AngelPuppy1   It's better to choose eye makeup that compliments your eyes and complexion and it really doesn't matter what color outfit you wear. You can switch out a lipcolor, but even then if a coral shade, for example, doesn't look well on you, you should probably stay with what works. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Thnk you!  Oh, I know that it's better to choose colors that suit the eyes and skin better than the clothing but all of this together was a more cohesive look.  The purple toned shadow and gray pencil were o.k.but did not look as good as the other ones either.