Honored Contributor

My Perfect Eye Makeup - Finally!!

I have posted here frequently asking for advice or lamenting about what to use for eye makeup and complaining about not knowing what product to use, etc. 

Well -- unbelievably -- after looking all over and trying so many products, I have found my perfect (at least for now ) go-to eye makeup!!!  :-) 

Just thought I'd share since I am so darn happy!!!  It's the little things, right???

I just wanted a natural look, but something easy and something to just give my eyes a bit of life -- something badly needed!

DH and I had an outing, something we've not had much of lately, and we were going to be outside in the heat for many hours.  

So, here are my products:

Neutrogena Nourishing Eyeliner Pencil - Spiced Chocolate (30) -- This is a nice, smooth liner which has a sharpener and smoother on the other end.  The color is very rich, dark brown and gave my eyes which are a blueish green color a nice lift!  I used this very lightly on both the upper and lower lids.

Almay Velvet Foil Cream Shadow - Astro Gold (070) - This says 24 hour wear on the box.  I used just the tiniest bit on the tip of my finger and swooshed it on my lid and then an even tinier bit up above.  It's more like a shear wash, than a shadow!  It really lit up my eyes!  

Covergirl Lash Blast Clean Volume Mascara - Black Brown (810) - I have very fair and skimpy lashes and this made them show up but not clumpy or fake looking!

The results were not over done or showy, but just made my eyes look more alive and that's what I was going for!  

I was outside in 87 degree temp. for 5 hours and none of this stuff budged!  I was melting but it did not!  

Just wanted to share my happy findings!  Success!  Hurrah!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Perfect Eye Makeup - Finally!!

@AngelPuppy1 

Oooh! I realy like your descriptions! Beautiful!!

Regular Contributor

Thank you, very interesting and good to know.  I will check them out because as I get older I like a softer look but something to brighten up my eyes.

I have very sensitive eyes and a lot of products irritate them but I've tried these lines before with no issues.

Btw after a long search when Khiels stopped making my eye make up remover I finally found my new staple - Sephora's own eye makeup remover.  It's sort of gel like but gets the stuff off and best of all no eye issues.  Costs about $12.

Thanks again.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1   I know I've answered questions for you and given suggestions. I'm happy you've found your perfect eye look. That's so great!!!!

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 It's all trial & error, isn't it?! I am so glad you found a pretty & easy to do look. It sounds perfect. I need to check out the Neutrogena eyeliner. Okay, you know I will also be checking out the Almay Astro Gold.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 = Thanks for the suggestions.  Do you use an eyelid primer?

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  - Wahooo! is right!  This is great that you found something you like and that works so well for you!  Congratulations!  Enjoy it!

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1    what color are your eyes?  

Honored Contributor

I'm glad everything came together for that perfect look Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I have that Almay cream foil eyeshadow and love it!!! I also put it on with my finger.