Respected Contributor

Re: My Own Review - Beekman Body Butter Vs. Josie

@LoveMyBaby  Please don't let my review deter you from trying the product if you are interested.  That was my experience only, it may work great for you.  

Trusted Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@LoveMyBaby  Please don't let my review deter you from trying the product if you are interested.  That was my experience only, it may work great for you.  

@Georgiagrama 

No worries- it won't/did not deter me. What really deterred me was the "Mr. Rogers" shtick - 

⚓️
Respected Contributor

@LoveMyBaby wrote:

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@Georgiagrama 

No worries- it won't/did not deter me. What really deterred me was the "Mr. Rogers" shtick - 

@LoveMyBaby   I totally agree!!  They have a nice product and it works well for many. Why they need all the extra shtick I just don't understand. 

Respected Contributor

I am a Josie fan and have been wanting to try their butters but have been hesitant. When they were on Evine I bought a set of products many years ago and was displeased. The soap made my tub much too slippery. The wipes were all stuck together. So recently I bought the set of 4 wipes on HSN because everyone gave them 5 stars. Well I am very happy that i did. They are wonderful. I may try the butters because I don't mind a lingering scent. Appreciate your review. My skin is dry so I do like a heavy butter. 

Respected Contributor

Great review!  I had a disappointing experience with their line also....the goats are so cute and fun and I think that is what got me to try the line in the 1st place.

I tried the bar soap and liquid wash and a body cream set when they were on Evine.  I disliked it all.  The bar soap was/is so drying...I don't understand how anyone likes bar soap but that is my feelings on it.  The smell was over powering...can't remember the name but it was a line they said hotel's put out.  It made me sick.  I also had the vanilla absolute kit and even though the scent was better the products are just "drying".

I have tried JM's line also....only like the vanilla pear scent....tried a small sample body butters but they were all awful IMO.  I don't care for the rest of her line.

Then I tried Korres....WOW I really like this line.  Again they have a few dud fragrances IMO but many are really nice.  The wash is hydrating...the body cream is hydrating with beautiful scent.  The body butter spray is AWESOME!  that product alone is the bomb and I recomend it highly.

Once I try a line I might give it ago yrs later to see if it's improved...but seeing the TSV Beekman kit was a easy pass for me....even though the goats are really cuteWoman Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Love Beekman or Goat Milk Stuff Bar soaps.  Beekman butters are nice but nothing great IMO.  Not a fan of the hand cream and the liquid soap squirts all over and is too messy.  I no longer purchase their kits.  

Huge fan of Josie’s new skin care offerings.  Made a big difference in my skin. 

Im currently using up all the body creams, butters, lotions and oils  that I have in stock.....  Josie’s, Beekman, First Aid, Perlier, Korres, Joyce Giiraud,  Skinn, etc.  I have A LOT!   It’s such a personal decision based on scent, texture, skin type and expectation.   

I hope everyone finds something they love.   I use different things on different days and mornings vs night depending on my mood, the weather and my skin!

Respected Contributor

I've used both Beekman and Josie BB and prefer Josie's for my skin.

Honored Contributor

I agree with that the scents are over-powering when it comes to the body butters/moisturizers and hand creams; which is why I use only the soaps and then an unscented body product. Their scented wipes, however, have just the right amount of scent and so love those.

Amazing how strong one line can be scent wise (Beekman) while others can be almost not there (Philosophy).

[ Edited ]

I am a long time user of Josie's products and love them all!  I use her products on my face and have for many years. I am always happy to try her new products because I trust  them with my skin.   I just recently tried, for the first time, the DSV for Beekman assorted soaps and vanilla body cream. I loved them so much I ordered another set on auto delivery.  I loved the goat milk bars for body wash. And I can't get enough of the Beekman vanilla body butter.  I'm finding lately that Josie's  body butter scents are "off" some not having a pleasant scent, but more of a cardboard type school smell, and half full.  I stick to her vanilla anything scent, but the Beekman is a thick rich vanilla scent, better sealed packing and a full jar - so you get what you pay for!  I also enjoy Philosophy products (Amazing Grace for 20 plus years) but lately their scent doesn't last, however I noticed if I buy them from some place other than QVC the Philosophy scent is stronger.