Valued Contributor

Your nails look fantastic! Went yesterday with two of my daughters for a mani/pedi. Badly needed! I didn't get fancy, but I love looking at my neat, short fingernails (just clear polish) and my coral/pink toes (ugly as they are, they look so much better).

Next is a haircut on the 17th. Can't wait. I always feel more intelligent with my bangs cut short.

Cheers to all. It's the little pleasures in life that lift us.

Respected Contributor

They're gorgeous. Can I ask how long they last? I may have or get get a manicure. 

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

Looks great!  She did a great job blending the colors...I'll have to ask my nail tech if she knows how to do that!

@haddon9 

my nail tech uses what appears to be a blending brush, similar to what you would use to blend eyeshadows. That's what gives it the ombré  affect.  She is very meticulous, too. She takes about two hours, but that's OK. I always love the way they turn out, so it's worth it to me.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

They're gorgeous. Can I ask how long they last? I may have or get get a manicure. 

@Lali1 

My nails last 4 to 5 weeks. It's hard, though, to go five weeks because they grow out so long, and being a computer systems analyst I'm on my computer all day and can't work with long nails. Therefore I get them done every four weeks. Keep in mind these are hard gel nails, not just gel polish. The color Is gel polish but my nails are hard gel nails. My toes are just gel polish.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@Lali1 

My nails last 4 to 5 weeks. It's hard, though, to go five weeks because they grow out so long, and being a computer systems analyst I'm on my computer all day and can't work with long nails. Therefore I get them done every four weeks. Keep in mind these are hard gel nails, not just gel polish. The color Is gel polish but my nails are hard gel nails. My toes are just gel polish.

Thanks for your reply. Do they file the top of your nails down before doing the gel? 

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

Looks great!  She did a great job blending the colors...I'll have to ask my nail tech if she knows how to do that!

@haddon9 

my nail tech uses what appears to be a blending brush, similar to what you would use to blend eyeshadows. That's what gives it the ombré  affect.  She is very meticulous, too. She takes about two hours, but that's OK. I always love the way they turn out, so it's worth it to me.

@SurferWife     Thanks!  I'm not sure if my nail tech knows how to do that technique but I will ask when I see her next.  I've been going to her for over 25 years and she does a great job ....I'll mention the blending brush but I'm sure it's something one has to practice quite a bit to get right.

Respected Contributor

Very pretty! Your fingernails look like a wonderful strawberry candy. Love the stars on your toenail. Great summer look.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife 

Very pretty, and really well done which makes them so nice.

Er... about that beautiful ring, NICE, very NICE!

Best to you and MR. surfer, where is MR TOBY?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@Lali1 

Thanks for your reply. Do they file the top of your nails down before doing the gel? 

@Lali1 

Yes, but not as much as is done for Acrylic nails.  They have to be smooth, but there is minimal filing compared to acrylics.

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@SurferWife 

Very pretty, and really well done which makes them so nice.

Er... about that beautiful ring, NICE, very NICE!

Best to you and MR. surfer, where is MR TOBY?

Thank you @Drythe.  My mama's sister (who raised her from the time she was 7; mama's mama (my grandma) died when mama was 3 & her daddy (my grandpa) died when she was 7. Her sister (my aunt) was just 21 & raised her from that moment forward.  The ring was my Aunt Marie's and when she died back in 1986, she left it to mama.  Mama always wore it after that and when she was in her last days, she gave it to me.  I now wear it and think of them both.  Here is a picture of them.  I know it doesn't mean anything to anyone, but it does to me and now I'm being sappy.  Mama is on the left and my Aunt Marie (Aunt Re as I always called her) is on the right.

95A0E3C6-FB6A-4DF1-B5D4-BAD5741B6D4F.jpeg