Trusted Contributor
When Nordstrom came to our area it was touted as an upscale department store. When it opened they literally had every single perfume displayed and a tester for every one. Then the genius in charge remodeled the entire cosmetics department and the perfume counter is minuscule and currently they have perfume gift sets piled all over the counter and had practically no perfume testers out. Then wanted to look at and buy some Chantacaille eyeliners and there were none displayed. They rummaged under the counter and had hardly anything at all. No it’s not discontinued. So I went to Nieman Marcus and they had the eyeliners but again no testers. So I figured it would to my advantage to buy from the site itself. They gave me a discount, free shipping (FedEx), and samples. Oh well. Just disappointed because I could have save myself gas and time.
Trusted Contributor
Also forgot to mention that my Nordstrom cosmetics department pales in comparison to my Macys, Nieman Marcus, and Bloomingdale’s. Sorry I just wanted to vent.
Super Contributor

it's theft, of course.  We've all seen the videos of the mass grab and run.

Honored Contributor

It is due to all of the thefts.  I spoke to a sales associate at another dept store and she said they are losing money left & right with the thefts, and if they see someone shop lifting, they are told not to do anything.  One of the Ulta's stores in my area no longer keep out perfumes and you need to ask if you want to sample something.  The other Ulta's so far are not doing this. 

Super Contributor
I wondered what was going on at my Sephora’s store . Probably the same thing ! So sad we have to this!
Respected Contributor

@Allthingsgirly67 At my Joann Fabric's I had to ask for needles for my sewing machine.

They keep them locked because people steal them.

Honored Contributor

One of our Nord closed due to excessive theft. 

Trusted Contributor
Honestly we are lucky enough not to have those smash and grabs. The overall atmosphere is very lacking. In this mall we have a fantastic Macys with cosmetics department very lively lots of SA’s, it’s fun. Our Nieman Marcus is sedate but you can tell it’s luxe. The Bloomingdale’s is a bit lively but again upscale. I don’t understand how the people in charge of Nordstrom justify their actions when it pales to the other stores. When Nordstrom came to my area they were calling themselves an upscale store and it’s the only one in our area.
Honored Contributor

@Allthingsgirly67 

I love shopping from home. I haven't been to the mall or in a department store since 2019. I'm sure the reason there are no perfume testers out on the counters is because of shoplifting. There is a Chantacaille single eyeshadow I would love to have.  The color name is Roan.

1000005721.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Agree about theft being the cause of everything being locked away, but in general I think Nordstrom as a whole has been on a constant decline as the older members retired and the new guy and younger family members took over.  Bit by bit I could see what made Nordstrom fabulous disappearing.