Honored Contributor

Re: My New Mister Bottle Had Water In It!

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@monicakm  I'm still waiting for mine. I'll let you know if they arrive with water or not.  I'm glad to hear about the size.  I purposely ordered the smaller size, hoping it would fit in my cabinet. 🤞

@monicakm  Both of mine arrived today, wrapped in plastic.  I removed the plastic, looked inside, and everything appeared to be dry.  Then I pulled the trigger and some  mist came out (nice, fine mist btw).  Both of them were like this.  I'm sure it's what was left in the tube/nozzle as part of the manufacturer's QC.  I'm not mad about it - much better than receiving an item that doesn't work.  

Honored Contributor

Yeah, I'm good with it.  Just took me by surprise.  My second one came today but I haven't unwrapped it yet.  I put on some makeup to go to town and used the Glow Recipe Ultra Fine Watermelon mist over my makeup.  It was lovely.  Then for the heck of it I sprayed the Amazon spray bottle on my face and got visible water droplets all over my face Smiley Surprised  I don't recall that happening yesterday.  I know it's not an "ultra" fine mist but it didn't leave my face dripping in water yesterday!  I'll have to "investigate"

Trusted Contributor

Just received mine today and it spritzed a bit of water also.  It was hermetically sealed in plastic so I am assuming this is just a quality control issue before they competely seal the bottle to make sure it will work.

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm  I know I'm late to the party, but, what is this mister bottle?

Honored Contributor

@decaf wrote:

@monicakm  I know I'm late to the party, but, what is this mister bottle?

@decaf I'm not Monica, but I purchased the bottles too. They give a more continuous fine spray of whatever you have inside it. You can use them with water to mist your plants or dampen your hair, pour in a specific hair mist such as the Tweak'd Revitalizing Mist, any liquid skincare products, etc. These particular bottles hold 5 oz., so they're not cumbersome and can store easily, but there are larger options as well. I bought two; a black and a white.  I'm going to use them for my rose water and Korean treatment essence.  The colors will help me differentiate the two.  I'm kinda sorry that I didn't get one for my setting spray.  😕

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  Thanks so much for explaining what it is.  I was interested because I'd like to try a facial essence or mist.  I live in a hot and humid climate and i've tried a few different facial oils but I'm finding they're just too heavy.  If you happen to know the name of the mister bottle, I'd love to know that.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@decaf wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch  Thanks so much for explaining what it is.  I was interested because I'd like to try a facial essence or mist.  I live in a hot and humid climate and i've tried a few different facial oils but I'm finding they're just too heavy.  If you happen to know the name of the mister bottle, I'd love to know that.  Thanks!

@decaf   We bought the YAMYONE 5 oz. bottles but there are many options on Amazon.  Just search for "continuous spray bottle".  

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  I had no idea how to describe that bottle, I've never heard if it before. Thanks, I'll check that out.

Honored Contributor

@decaf 

But not all continuous spray bottles are the same and you have no way of knowing till you get it home that the spray is a very fine/ultra mist or one that will put out larger mist droplets.  The ones I just got from Amazon are good for essences or water, MAYBE setting spray.  They're working for my essence but I can't spray the essence on top of my makeup like I'd like to do if I wanted to re/freshen my face.  I would LOVE to find one like the Glow Recipe ULTRA Fine Watermelon Mist but unfortunately you can't reuse the bottle.