Honored Contributor

Dolce Vita by Nars.

Love, love, love the color of this.  It is considered a sheer color and it's in the nude family.  When people describe a lipstick color as being "your lips but better", this to me is what that means. 

It feels good on the lips and has no taste or smell that is even noticeable to me.  Because it's a sheer, it's not going to be the longest lasting color I own.   

I have always been a huge fan of MAC "O". That was my go to color and I went through a number of tubes of it.  However recently, I have started to think it was too much on me.  I'm not even really sure what changed but everytime I put it on and looked in the mirror, it was too dark.

I have been wearing DV for a little bit before I posted about it to make sure I really like it but I think this might be a replacement for "O".

Trusted Contributor

I'm seeing on the commercials that it seams the new look is Brite lipstick. I could never do that. Where did you get your new color?

Honored Contributor

Nars Dolce Vita is a fantastic lipstick. I love the color and the formula. It's sheer, but buildable and I appreciate that. Damage is another great Nars sheer lip color that has more of a grape tone but isn't a "hey, purple lipstick" purple.

If you like that and like reds, MAC's Hot Tahiti is a red lip version. It's sheer, but buildable and perfect for anyone who wants to try a red lip but also feels intimidated.

Respected Contributor

I think wearing a red lip is gorgeous, but I think I don't look good with a red lip. Probably because I don't wear it. 

Respected Contributor

Nars is my go to for lipstick and gloss!

100% agree with your DV choice! The gloss in the same is fabulous as well.

If you want a great sheer pink that transforms anything you put it over, I love their Chihuahua. Alone it's great too.

Some think it's too expensive but Nars is long wearing and the color selection and formulas are really amazing. I also appreciate that it doesn't taste or smell!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Trusted Contributor

Thanks @Lipstickdiva I googled the color & love it!  You have good taste!

Esteemed Contributor

I love this particular lipstick, too. Nars lipsticks are great if you find a color you like. Most are too red and dark for my liking. I've recently been loving many of the new Urban Decay lipsticks, too. I highly recommend them.

Respected Contributor

I agree! It's a good one!

Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Nars Dolce Vita is a fantastic lipstick. I love the color and the formula. It's sheer, but buildable and I appreciate that. Damage is another great Nars sheer lip color that has more of a grape tone but isn't a "hey, purple lipstick" purple.

If you like that and like reds, MAC's Hot Tahiti is a red lip version. It's sheer, but buildable and perfect for anyone who wants to try a red lip but also feels intimidated.

Hot Tahiti is awesome!!!

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Dolce Vita by Nars.

Love, love, love the color of this.  It is considered a sheer color and it's in the nude family.  When people describe a lipstick color as being "your lips but better", this to me is what that means. 

It feels good on the lips and has no taste or smell that is even noticeable to me.  Because it's a sheer, it's not going to be the longest lasting color I own.   

I have always been a huge fan of MAC "O". That was my go to color and I went through a number of tubes of it.  However recently, I have started to think it was too much on me.  I'm not even really sure what changed but everytime I put it on and looked in the mirror, it was too dark.

I have been wearing DV for a little bit before I posted about it to make sure I really like it but I think this might be a replacement for "O".

I like the color.  Does it have BROWN in it?  I have lots of trouble with brownish tones.

Hyacinth