Frequent Contributor

My New Beauty Secret (Money-saving)

I was an avid Lancome facewash user...a Philosophy bath gel user Then I started getting dry itchy spots. So I finally discovered Kirk's Castile liquid soap. I used it for my bath. It worked wonderfully ...lathers and makes you feel very clean. I tried it for my face. and it's great. My skin has never been softer. I get it on Amazon . 8 oz. for about 6.00. I am 66,,just thought I would share.
Super Contributor

Re: My New Beauty Secret (Money-saving)

I don't know how long you have been using this, but do not be surprised if your skin starts to feel dry. Castille soap is drying like heck. One of the top ingredients in the product you mention is a detergent cleansing agent and an irritant (soduim c14-16 olefin sulfonate). There are also other drying and irritating ingredients.

Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide AEE, Polysorbate 20, Decyl Glucoside, Glycol Distearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Glycerin, Saponaria Officinalis Root Extract, Polyquaternium-10, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol, Fragrance, Citric Acid

Trusted Contributor

African Black Soap for me....fab, just fab.
Trusted Contributor

Glad that it's working out for you, Maureen. I used to buy the Kirk's Castile bar soap. I really liked it a lot, too.

Honored Contributor

On 4/4/2015 Crisso said:

I don't know how long you have been using this, but do not be surprised if your skin starts to feel dry. Castille soap is drying like heck. One of the top ingredients in the product you mention is a detergent cleansing agent and an irritant (soduim c14-16 olefin sulfonate). There are also other drying and irritating ingredients.

Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide AEE, Polysorbate 20, Decyl Glucoside, Glycol Distearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Glycerin, Saponaria Officinalis Root Extract, Polyquaternium-10, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol, Fragrance, Citric Acid

I used to use that to get the mustard stains off my husband's shirts...........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Highlighted
Super Contributor

I use goat's milk soap on my face and body. Wonderful! Works for me.

Super Contributor

On 4/4/2015 Desertdi said:
On 4/4/2015 Crisso said:

I used to use that to get the mustard stains off my husband's shirts...........

It is used extensively (or was) in Europe for cleaning fabrics. My grandmother used it for hand washing clothes. I was surprised a while back when I saw that it was being formulated for use on skin.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes Castille soap is drying. I was recommended to teenagers with acne as a drying face wash about a hundred years ago when I was a teenager, LOL

maureen-thanks for posting, if it works for you, that's great.

I think I may start a thread for money saving beauty tips. I'd like to see something from everyone and I have a few to shareSmile

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Trusted Contributor

It has been around a very long time. The bar soap isn't that expensive, either. It lathers really well, too.

Super Contributor

On 4/4/2015 betteb said:

Yes Castille soap is drying. I was recommended to teenagers with acne as a drying face wash about a hundred years ago when I was a teenager, LOL

maureen-thanks for posting, if it works for you, that's great.

I think I may start a thread for money saving beauty tips. I'd like to see something from everyone and I have a few to shareSmile

GREAT idea, betteb!