Respected Contributor

I rarely post about make up purchases because I only purchase when needed, which is about every six months to a year with the exception of a facewash or day moisturizer.  At Laura Geller's last Friends &Family event, I grabbed two blushes, a kajal eye pencil and a lip balm.  The blushes are beautiful and natural (starfish island and pink buttercream), the eye pencil is a soft golden brown which is so subtle and it goes on so creamy and easy, and the lip jelly balm color is fig which is very neutral.  Really nice stuff and nice packaging. 

Honored Contributor

Re: My Laura Geller purchases

My experience with Lauras packaging has been very poor, in no time the mirrors break and fall out, compacts fall apart. 

Honored Contributor

Good choices, @bmorechick   I have those blushes and the jelly balm too

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle Sorry you had that experience.    I'm still using baked blushes from my last Laura order.  That was in 2014!

Obviously, my experience has been far better than yours.  I didn't buy anything during Laura's recent visit, but my decision was based purely on what I can and do use.  Nowadays, that's all much once I cleanse and moisturize.  Good prices for a maybe no longer entice me as they once did.

Esteemed Contributor

The boxed mirror kits do not break and have so many more products you can do a full face with it. The price was amazing on her F&F sale got that, some concealer to contour with and another brush.... great stuff. 

Starting to collect the boxed kits so fun.

Respected Contributor

I've also had the lid break off one of her compacts, so when I got her blush and use it, I never completely close the lid to prevent it from happening.

The compact that broke was practically brand new.  Disappointing for sure.  There's no way to fix it, so I just lay the lid on it best I can when not in use.  Product seems fine. Cat Frustrated

Respected Contributor

@hopi wrote:

The boxed mirror kits do not break and have so many more products you can do a full face with it. The price was amazing on her F&F sale got that, some concealer to contour with and another brush.... great stuff. 

Starting to collect the boxed kits so fun.

@hopi 

Are you speaking about the palette sets she recently had on, the set of four for 29.98?  I ordered the set along with her recent TSV and looking forward to receiving those.

Have never used Laura Geller and if so it was eons ago so nice to hear good reviews Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Oh sorry to hear that your packaging fell apart kindred cats and shelbell.  Well the little stuff I have fits in a small makeup pouch in a drawer. Any overflow, which is one or two things just sits in the drawer so there isnt any movement or jostling. I never carry make up with me in a purse except for a lipstick so hopefully they will stay intact!

Honored Contributor

@bmorechick 

The blushes and pencil sound beautiful.  I'm going to check out Sephora to see if they sell this brand.  Nice packaging is always a plus.

Honored Contributor

I dont think her palettes in the small boxes are the same quality makeup, I remember in the past these were made in China, not her usual Italy.