Frequent Contributor

Re: My Husband Said Today "What Did You do You Look Younger"

Agree-or counterfeit though that packaging would br hard to duplicate. It is gorgeous.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@cuddlesmama 

If my husband went one day without complementing me, if he said "I love you" less than 10x in one day, I'd pull out a thermometer and take his temperature.

@monicakm  that's beautiful.  lucky you Smiley Happy  You really have a good one.

btw,  love your picture (avatar?)  Is that Sophie Gamand?

Honored Contributor

@Judaline 

• I still have plenty. I went a long time without using it and it takes so very little product that it could last nearly a lifetime.  But thanks for letting me know.
Honored Contributor

@moonandthestars 

Actually I'm not sure of the artist but the name Sophie sounds familiar. I will look in the morning.  And thank you. Her name is Lolita. She has two sisters that are on the wall with her. Their names are Bonita and Anita 😂

Honored Contributor

@moonandthestars 

OMGoodness YES it is her! 

And I just saw so many more photos (dogs with flowers on their heads) that I could add to my glittery walled laundry room.  The laundry room light fixture is a chandelier.  Glitter, chandelier, and dogs with flowers on their heads.  It might be a little quirky but so am I 😁. Thank you so much!

Respected Contributor

@monicakm   I knew it was her!  I love Sophie's vision, mission and aesthetic.  She takes beautiful photographs.   She has quite the library of photo's.  Also has some merchandise available (from time to time).  You've inspired me, if I ever figure out how to put a picture as my avatar, to go with photographs of ducks wearing flower hats.

Your laundry room sounds amazing.  Will you post a picture at some point?

Honored Contributor

The laundry room makeover was my birthday gift 3? 2? years ago.  It's a small room.  Just large enough for a washer/dryer and hot water heater.  The original house we built when we were 21 and 22.  My mother said I'd be sorry I didn't make a larger laundry room.  Mom, as usual, was right Smiley Surprised

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

I will add Miss Blossom to the left wall.  Chandy is dimmable Smiley Happy  Glitter doesn't show up too good in photos.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm What a great laundry room, even if it is small! Love the pics of your beautiful pittie.

We built when we were in our early 30's (36 years ago) and I wish we'd made the laundry room bigger, too. It's bady in need of a cosmetic redo, but it's last on the list!

Honored Contributor

@vermint 

Thanks!  The laundry room was last on our list too when we started our remodel journey.  I was browsing icanvcas dot com one day for some art for my bathroom and came across this canvas of the dogs.  It was a light-bulb  moment!  I knew instantly where it was going.  My painter had already applied glitter to a wall in my bathroom and I already had the same chandy over the tub and loved it enough to buy another one.  All that was left was choosing a paint color.

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@cuddlesmama wrote:

I told him the only thing I did today was put on a concealer. He said wow. Let me explain. I have very dark circles and every time I did put on a concealer it  made the small wrinkles under my eyes look so much worse, so I would just wash it off and never wore concealer. I was watching a youtuber say put on a brightener base then put concealer on top with a dampened sponge. So I went out and bought the Pixi brightening corrector in Peach and then I purchased the Maybelline Fit Me concealer put that on top with a small dampened sponge and it worked beautifully. Now I am not afraid of wearing a concealer I finally found what works for me and I do look so much better as not tired looking.

What did he want???  LOL.  Just kidding.  My hubs never even notices what I look like or wear.  He's never given me a compliment like that (jealous).  Just to talk to him I have to get his complete attention and repeat myself three times before I get an answer (selective hearing).  Any way, I love the idea of this product and appreciate the post.  I think I will check it out.

@rms1954  Sadly many women are completely ignored after the age of 50.  I assume you were born in 1954?  Wait til you hit your 70s.  I find the ageism rampant in America; It’s as if people can’t imagine I have something valuable to contribute…or that I’m not even worthy of engaging in conversation. Being dismissed with a glance is disconcerting, being invisible is even worse.