Respected Contributor

My Husband Said Today "What Did You do You Look Younger"

I told him the only thing I did today was put on a concealer. He said wow. Let me explain. I have very dark circles and every time I did put on a concealer it  made the small wrinkles under my eyes look so much worse, so I would just wash it off and never wore concealer. I was watching a youtuber say put on a brightener base then put concealer on top with a dampened sponge. So I went out and bought the Pixi brightening corrector in Peach and then I purchased the Maybelline Fit Me concealer put that on top with a small dampened sponge and it worked beautifully. Now I am not afraid of wearing a concealer I finally found what works for me and I do look so much better as not tired looking.

Valued Contributor

Re: My Husband Said Today "What Did You do You Look Younger"

I saw a youtuber on doing the pink correct from Maybelline under the normal color concealer one might use. This is the Fit Me with the sponge applicator tip. She took off the sponge and twisted the bottle to drip onto her hand and then used a brush. I will say that I purchased both of these colors and tried it and it works well. Good for you for trying this and figuring out something that works for you. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama wrote:

I told him the only thing I did today was put on a concealer. He said wow. Let me explain. I have very dark circles and every time I did put on a concealer it  made the small wrinkles under my eyes look so much worse, so I would just wash it off and never wore concealer. I was watching a youtuber say put on a brightener base then put concealer on top with a dampened sponge. So I went out and bought the Pixi brightening corrector in Peach and then I purchased the Maybelline Fit Me concealer put that on top with a small dampened sponge and it worked beautifully. Now I am not afraid of wearing a concealer I finally found what works for me and I do look so much better as not tired looking.

@cuddlesmama   I love that he noticed a difference. I think I also mentiond that corrector here. It's wonderful for dark circles. Congrats that you found something that works for you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cuddlesmama wrote:

What did he want???  LOL.  Just kidding.  My hubs never even notices what I look like or wear.  He's never given me a compliment like that (jealous).  Just to talk to him I have to get his complete attention and repeat myself three times before I get an answer (selective hearing).  Any way, I love the idea of this product and appreciate the post.  I think I will check it out.

Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama   what a lovely comment from the husband  === and yes, he does pay attention to you.  Keep doing what you're doing.   Heart

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Where is the Pixi product purchased?

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 

25,679 Crying Emoji Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free ...

Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama - Isn't it great when something works out for us?  I also struggle with concealer and have yet to find something that works for me.  Maybe I'll try the Mabelline again as I have the Bobbi Brown corrector and like it.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@D Kay wrote:

Where is the Pixi product purchased?

if you Google it you can see where it's offered.  Target, Amazon, Ulta, iHerb, or directly from their site PixieBeauty.com.

Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama 

If my husband went one day without complementing me, if he said "I love you" less than 10x in one day, I'd pull out a thermometer and take his temperature.