Esteemed Contributor

Frizzy hair is just trying to curl.  You have to change your shampoo, condition, stay away from heat and get a styling product to put in when your hair is wet.

Esteemed Contributor

Shampoo infrequently and don't use heat stylers.  When you do shampoo, concntrate on the scalp.  The ends will carry the shampoo and be rinsed.  Generally, they are not "dirty".

It may not work for you, but in my experience with very fine hair, if you treat it like fine silk, it will be beautiful and you won't need a ton of products to "tame" it.

And yes, a haircut that suits.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

Use a good OTC anti frizz styling product, don't use a blow dryer or flat iron and use a micro fiber towel or an old cotton t-shirt and "plop" your hair up until all excess water is absorbed.

Regular Contributor

"OATS MAKE NICE COATS". That is advice from a veterinarian, but it applies to people too. I started eating oatmeal every morning.  My hair is now thick, shiny & grows like crazy. Nothing else ever worked for me like oatmeal does. Your hair won't change over night. Takes time when you choose the natural approach. But the pay off is worth the wait. Plus you'll get other health benefits from eating oatmeal. Good luck on your journey. Love yourself no matter what. You are beautiful. Hugs

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@skincaremaven wrote:

@SilleeMee @Would you please share what brand of bamboo silica you use and where to purchase?
Thank you!

@skincaremaven 

I buy the bamboo silica powder from Amazon. If you search for bamboo silica powder there you'll see the first two brands are MicroIngredients and BulkSupplements. Other than one being organic, those two are the same thing. I buy the BulkSupplements brand. Take one heaping 1/4 teaspoon daily. I just add it to my green drink everyday. It's tasteless and might have a teeny tiny bit of grittiness. Good for building bone density, too.

@SilleeMee Is there an advantage to using the powder versus a capsule form of silica?  

Honored Contributor

@ninjawife wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@skincaremaven wrote:

@SilleeMee @Would you please share what brand of bamboo silica you use and where to purchase?
Thank you!

@skincaremaven 

I buy the bamboo silica powder from Amazon. If you search for bamboo silica powder there you'll see the first two brands are MicroIngredients and BulkSupplements. Other than one being organic, those two are the same thing. I buy the BulkSupplements brand. Take one heaping 1/4 teaspoon daily. I just add it to my green drink everyday. It's tasteless and might have a teeny tiny bit of grittiness. Good for building bone density, too.

@SilleeMee Is there an advantage to using the powder versus a capsule form of silica?  

@ninjawife 

There is a significant difference in price per serving between caps vs loose powder. For me that's the deal breaker but as far as any other advantages, the answer is no.

Trusted Contributor

Re: My Hair...UGH!

[ Edited ]

It was recently recommended to me to wear a hat when I'm outdoors.  Sun and weather exposure can damage the hair follicles.  Supposedly a bucket hat like this doesn't mess up your hairstyle too much.  

DOCILA Lightweight Linen Hats for Womens Collasible Natural Bucket Cap Eco  Style Fisherman Hat Ideal Female Pescador Sombrero Hembra Dádiva (Khaki) at  Amazon Women's Clothing store