Respected Contributor

Re: My Hair Stylist was Promoted

i've seen this before, too, but often longer term clients are grandfathered in, rather than losing a previously positive relationship for both parties.  Maybe you'll get a break.

Trusted Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I would be happy for my stylist if she got promoted! Why look on the bad side and how it effects you? I live in small town America and found a terrific hair stylist that owns her own shop. Yes, I'm happy to pay what she charges and YES I tip her! Unlike the notion of not tipping the owners of their own shops. 

Of course it would effect the OP.  She's the one paying the fee.  Why wouldn't she look at that way.  Yea for the stylist but not so good for an established customer.

Respected Contributor

Good luck! Prices go up every year in my world. Why are you complaining? We all have the same experience, & so does your hair stylist.

It was the right thing to do to not charge you the increase without telling you  beforehand. I wouldn't be complaining to my stylist about this.

Respected Contributor

FYI All: from KatCat1 under Travel Forum

Honored Contributor
KatCat1

Re: BEST HOTELS AT CHRISTMAS TIME?[ Edited ]

@qvc chick  The Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons.  I stayed at both of these hotels and there is nothing like them.  Service is superior, beds and pillow are exceptional and food is delicious.  They usually have weekend packages with a discount on the room.  Sometimes you need to treat yourself -- it is well worth it.  Happy Holidays!

Honored Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

FYI All: from KatCat1 under Travel Forum

Honored Contributor
KatCat1

Re: BEST HOTELS AT CHRISTMAS TIME?[ Edited ]

@qvc chick  The Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons.  I stayed at both of these hotels and there is nothing like them.  Service is superior, beds and pillow are exceptional and food is delicious.  They usually have weekend packages with a discount on the room.  Sometimes you need to treat yourself -- it is well worth it.  Happy Holidays!

😆😆😆 How priceless!  Your sleuthing skills are terrific!

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Gee I'd love to pay these prices I see by several in this thread for a hair stylist.  My last cut and blow out was $90 and highlight was $138 for a Total of $228. plus tax and tip (although at these prices I tip a bit begrudgingly). The salon offers no amenities such as coffee or tea.  Heck, they only recently within the last 6 months got a water cooler!

Honored Contributor

@queendiva  Good advice from you.  I decided to send a note explaining that I have a budget and cannot afford the new rate.  However, I will first congratulate her (I was doing that anyway) on her promotion (she deserves it as she is extremely talented).  I will, however, ask her for a referral at the salon.  She once told me that stylists will do someone else's client as long as they stay with the salon.  I really like the salon. They use Aveda products and some other prodjucts but you do get a head massage.  Sometimes a girl walks around and gives free hand massages.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819  I knew someone would have to start cutting me down.  What you and what I do are two different things and I changed my mind on one thing.  You don't  have to be so mean.

kindness is strength
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yikes - that's almost an 18% price increase! You didn't mention how long you've been going to her, but it sounds like you have a good relationship with her. I would definitely ask if she can offer a senior citizen discount because you'd like to continue having her take care of your hair. I've been with my stylist for 30 years and she stopped raising her price for me about 7 or 8 years ago. The other thing to consider is to decrease the tip you give her. Some may disagree with that, but if she wants to pass along an 18% price increase, I would certainly give her a lower tip. JMO.

Edited: after reading most of the responses here, I think there's a distinct difference between the independent smaller salons, and the larger, fancier salons with different levels of stylists. My stylist owns her salon with her best friend/stylist and they have 3 other stylists that work for them. It's not fancy at all and the salon is in a working class/college neighborhood. I think the prices reflect that, and also her ability to charge me what she wants because of my 30 year relationship with her.