Trusted Contributor

Re: My Grey Hair is beautiful

[ Edited ]

@ Shanus: Isn't it funny how the longer curly hair gets, it seems to find its own pattern. It really does look kind of nice. We are only in Phase I of reopening so the salonss probably won't reopen for a couple of weeks. My poor hairdresser is going to have a heart attack when he sees me! I should warn him to bring a weed whacker!

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox 

I have been salt & pepper for years now in a pixie cut.  Have never looked back.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxoxI'm envious.  I desperately need cut and color -  no matter how it's styled, looking at me straight on all you see are white roots and scalp and more scalp. I've been thin top front for maybe 30 years, but in the last 5 it's much worse.   No body whatsoever no matter what products I use.

I deliberately postponed my first appointment here in Florida until the first week in June because I want to go to NY for a while and my NY stylist doesn't expect he'll be open any time soon.  I'm not going anywhere that matters unless you count looking into my own mirror.  

Honored Contributor

I am the OP and thought I made it clear, I am not embrasing my grey this was just a passing fancy

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I am the OP and thought I made it clear, I am not embrasing my grey this was just a passing fancy

@I am still oxox,  I got that. But still, you've been here long enough to know how this thread would go. Gray v No Gray is a constant discussion here.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I quit coloring my hair 20 years ago when I retired and have never looked back.  Everytime I read somebody's mention of getting their hair colored, I thank my lucky stars I don't have to go to that trouble and expense.  It's so freeing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I was very sick with pneumonia one summer.  I always had blonde highlights.  When my gray came in it looked like platitnum highlights.  I got a pixie when I could get to the salon and never looked back.. I loved it.

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

My roots are coming in some of my hair has not been touched up for at least 8 or more weeks, the hair is salt and pepper, there is a small part of me that wants to do a pixie cut and forget about touch ups.

I am not going to do it but I did have the passing thought

@I am still oxox that's what I did ten years ago and I never looked back! I love my silver hair and get compliments on it all the time. 

Respected Contributor

I have curly hair that is partially grey. My ends are still dark blonde not form color it's just how my hair is.  My grey grew out as highlights. I hated going to the salon on a certain date and being stuck in the groove. About 3 years ago I stopped getting color done. My grey is so soft but it is a little straighter than the rest of my hair.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox  I have been salt & pepper for 15 years and never look back.  I do not miss coloring my hair and salon prices were out of control yet women pay it.  When you think about it when a woman gets one process color the colorist applies color on your head, it sets, then rinse.  Foils are a little more work but come on, the prices do not reflect the service given IMO.

kindness is strength