Honored Contributor

My roots are coming in some of my hair has not been touched up for at least 8 or more weeks, the hair is salt and pepper, there is a small part of me that wants to do a pixie cut and forget about touch ups.

I am not going to do it but I did have the passing thought

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

Re: My Grey Hair is beautiful

@I am still oxox : Since I haven't had color since about mid March and my very thick, very dark hair grows like a weed, I'm not seeing as much grey as I thought. I don't have that skunk stripe at all which has surprised me.

Hair appointment to get a cut is next Wednesday. I do wear my hair short so told my hairdresser I'll see how the color looks after the cut before I decide to continue coloring.

This turned out to be a nice opportunity to force me to not color. My issue is the dullness that appears as the hair turns grey. Have you noticed that? I'm thinking maybe just have her apply a gloss.

Super Contributor

I thought my hair ws coming in grey/white, but it is now a beautiful pale BLONDE!

Just around my face/hairline, it's a keeper.

Our state is now going into Phase 2 tomorrow. I have hair appt. beginning of June!

Honored Contributor

@Sadiesadie wrote:

@I am still oxox : Since I haven't had color since about mid March and my very thick, very dark hair grows like a weed, I'm not seeing as much grey as I thought. I don't have that skunk stripe at all which has surprised me.

Hair appointment to get a cut is next Wednesday. I do wear my hair short so told my hairdresser I'll see how the color looks after the cut before I decide to continue coloring.

This turned out to be a nice opportunity to force me to not color. My issue is the dullness that appears as the hair turns grey. Have you noticed that? I'm thinking maybe just have her apply a gloss.

@Sadiesadie  Sometimes grey hair has a different texture, but with extra conditioning and changing products, it can be just as shiny as colored hair. 

Honored Contributor

I have been trying to think of this new time in our lives as a way to step out of our boxes so to speak.  To try something new or different or just to realize things we thought were important are so very not.  Your hair sounds beautiful.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Maestra1 wrote:

I thought my hair ws coming in grey/white, but it is now a beautiful pale BLONDE!

Just around my face/hairline, it's a keeper.

Our state is now going into Phase 2 tomorrow. I have hair appt. beginning of June!

@Maestra1   While everyone was worrying about roots, I just let my hair grow longer, trimming any ends myself. I liked the idea of not having any more chemicals entering through my scalp. I've never understood women who want cruelty free, organic cosmetics, but put chemicals on their hair each month. 

Trusted Contributor

I got sick and tired of coloring my hair and stopped 5 years ago and have not looked back. My original hair color was black and about half of it still is, mostly in back. The rest of my head is salt and pepper and I really like it! My hair is very thick and curly so the colors are all jumbled together. I get compliments on the color(s) and the curls. Going gray isn't so bad. But then I am 72 years old. IIf I were younger, I don't know how I would feel about that.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox A good friend of mine has told me that now that her gray roots are really coming in, she's thinking of letting it grow all the way in....I told her that I can remember when she told me in the past that she "was never going to go gray"!  LOL

So far I'm lucky.  I'm brunette and last got highlights and a color blend before Thanksgiving.  I only have dark roots and an occasional gray but no root line.  The highlights have moved down a few inches and I'm hoping that sometime this summer to get new highlights and a cut.

Honored Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

I got sick and tired of coloring my hair and stopped 5 years ago and have not looked back. My original hair color was black and about half of it still is, mostly in back. The rest of my head is salt and pepper and I really like it! My hair is very thick and curly so the colors are all jumbled together. I get compliments on the color(s) and the curls. Going gray isn't so bad. But then I am 72 years old. IIf I were younger, I don't know how I would feel about that.

@Buffalogal47   I'll be 72 this summer and waited until 68 to stop coloring my hair. It was helpful to me to also have curls to cover up needing a haircut. 

Esteemed Contributor

I embraced my natural color a few years ago and found it SO liberating.  The constant root touch up was a battle I got tired of.

I am using item #A377943 and it is the BEST hair product line I have ever used and believe me I have tried every shampoo out there for silver white hair.  I absolutely hate purple shampoo.  They leave a blue cast .... I don't care what they say.  Anyway, this shampoo set does NOT leave a purple cast because it isn't purple.  It is very conditioning and it has brought out a shine in my hair that I didn't have before.  

It would be worth a try since you have 90 days before returning.  A little goes a long way.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!